Chapter 4 - The Same but Different

Okay, well now this was getting a little creepy. Not to mention that there were two people already after me while i've never even been outside of my hometown before. I stood there, staring ahead at them.

"I still don't get why you're following me!" I yelled, trying to have my voice be heard through the wind and rain. Edward walked up to me, staring at me with shiny, golden eyes. They were mesmerizing. He had a far off look in his eyes, like he could see something that no one else could. His talking slapped me right back into horrible reality.

"If you'd just let us talk to you for a little-"

"About what?! Is what you want to talk about really worth chasing me around central in the rain?"

"It kind of is worth it." I blinked. "It must be really important, then." I thought.

"Fine," i said, unsure if it was right for me to do this or not. "let's just go somewhere private that we can talk." As i said this, his face lit up with joy.

"Okay, let's go!" He said, him and Alphonse running passed me.

"Wait! Do you know where you're going?!" I called ahead.

"Of course not!" He laughed. I carefully put Hitori into my bag and start running toward them, trying desperately to catch up with them. I finally caught up with them, and soon enough, we found a pub and went inside. It was a modern pub, with dim lighting and a decent amount of people inside. we found a quiet place to sit where we guessed no one could hear us.

"Okay, so, what is it?" I asked, eager to know what the hell they wanted to talk to me for.

"We were eavesdropping..." Alphonse said, sounding disappointed in himself. "and we heard everything."

"That's why we need to talk to you!" Said Edward, louder than he needed to.

"Why would you...." The events of Central Command played over in my head, reminding me of what had happened. Edward stared at me, making me feel uncomfortable. "Are you like me? Do you know?" I said, looking down, afraid of an answer.

      I tore off the bandages of my hand and showed them what was underneath. When i did this, they didn't seem too surprised. Well, not as surprised as i thought they would be. Edward slowly took off the glove that he had over his right hand and placed it on the table, making a slight Clink. Alphonse took off the helmet of his armor. It was empty, the only thing inside being a bloodseal. I smiled, a single tear rolling down my cheek.

"I...i didn't think-" I said, trying to get the right words out. "I didn't think there was a-anyone else like me." I whispered, feeling the indents of my automail hand. "But i'm sure," I said, putting my hand over my eyepatch. "I'm sure this is new." I smiled sadly as i pulled the eyepatch off. Shock rose into Edward's face, and i'm sure it would have been the same reaction for Alphonse, too.