Chapter 5 - The Cursed Eye

"Whaaaaa??!!!!" Edward shouted. I didn't even bother to shush him, because that's probably how i would've reacted too. The symbol on my eye was unexplained, and everyone feared me because of it. So, i covered it up. I always felt like everyone was watching me wherever i went. It was a disturbing feeling. eyes, eyes everywhere, staring. Watching. Plotting something. I can't take it anymore. Make it stop. Make it stop.

"Make it stop!" I screamed, covering my face, tears gathering in my palms. "I can't take any more of this! Please stop this!" My eyes widened as a thousand more scenes flashed through my mind almost all at once.

"What's wrong?!! Akari What's going on?!" That was Alphonse's voice, but though he was right across from me it felt like he was a mile away.

"Help......Me..." I said, gasping for air, reaching out my hand to the vast white space that was before me. I knew they could hear me, but my mind was almost being taken over by these clippings of time. After what was probably a minute but seemed like an hour, everything clouded over and turned black. 

"I guess that was too much..." A voice said, followed by a child like laugh. It was coming from the darkness that surrounded me. I stood up, nearly falling. The ground felt like it was shifting beneath me, my vision growing blurry. I took a few seconds to steady myself, standing up straight.

"Who are you?" I yelled to the endless space, hoping for an answer.

"I'm sorry, but that's classified information, girl. Try finding that out yourself, along with your new 'friends'" The voice said angrily, putting emphasis on the word 'friends'. "Now, i guess it's time for me to have some fun. Now." Right after this was said, i felt a piercing pain shoot through both of my shoulders, and then through my abdomen. I screamed bloody murder, blood pooring from my body. i surely was going to die, but i felt pathetic not knowing who was going to take the blame for my death.

"Please! Stop!" I cried. the blood dripping from my body into the endless void that was the floor. I could already feel my heart beat slowing down, my other organs turning off. It was over, and i could do nothing. "So this is what it's like to feel certain death,"  I thought, "And have no one to save you. No chance to survive." Then it all disappeared, the blood, the darkness, the wounds that were left. All as if it had never happened.

----

I woke up, the white ceiling above me hurting my eyes. I sat up and looked around, unaware of where i was.

"Where..." I started to ask, looking around. "AAAH!" i yelled in surprise. "WHY AM I ON A TRAIN?!!!" I looked toward Edward and Alphonse who were sitting in the seat across from me obliviously.

"You're awake!!" Alphonse said happily. "We thought you were dead!"

"D-dead?! How long was i out?" I asked.

"Ehh, maybe about an hour." Edward mumbled carelessly. I looked at him, astonished. 

"Let me get this straight. I pass out at a pub for an hour, so you bring me on a train?!"

"Pretty much." He said, with the same attitude.

"And where exactly are we going?" I asked, calming down a little.

"We're taking you home. We got your file from the Colonel and we're following that address."

"Oh, um... Thanks but..." i said slowly. they gave me a questionable look. "Never mind. Just, thanks." I finished. I leaned back in the cushy seat of the train, trying to relax after having that disturbing dream. Then something struck me. "Where's Hitori?!" I asked, frantically looking around our train booth.

"Hi- what?" Edward said, clearly confused.

"The dog..?!"

"Ohhh, she's in a different train car."

"Oh, i see." I said, getting up. "which one?"

"You don't plan on getting her, i hope."

"Which one?"

"Car 13, the last one."

"Great," I said sarcastically. "of course it has to be the last one."

----

     About ten minutes later, i came back holding Hitori, a big smile on my face. "Look who i got!" I said, holding Hitori up proudly. I sat down on the train seat and started stroking the puppy's back. We sat there for a while after that, just staring out the train window. Once in a while i would stare into Edward's eyes, just to see that far off look, the golden glow, the warmth. I would never be caught in the act, though. It was hard to look away, though. They were so mesmerizing. I looked down at Hitori, who was laying on my lap, and then back at Edward. Right as i looked his way, he looked at me.

"Uhmm..." He said, embarrassed. My face turned red and i stood up quick.

"I've gotta go pee!" I said quickly, regretting it right away. My face at maximum redness, i ran to the end of the train car where the bathroom was. 

Way to go Akari.

Way to go.