Savior

It's been 8 years since Nami left. My birthday is tomorrow. I'll be 19. Nojiko as well. We haven't seen Nami at all in a couple years. She comes back every now and then to visit Arlong. But today I go off to look for her. I see a ship that looks like it could be hers.

"Nojiko, I'm heading toward the beach, be back in a bit!" I say and run out the door. I'm wearing my jeans and a tank top. And my pink hair pulled into a long, fluffy, pony tail.

"Morning, Gen-san. If you get caught 'polishing' your weapons again, who knows what Arlong will do to you?" I gently shove his shoulder and giggle. "Here, have a clementine. The grove's getting awful crowded. Wouldn't want to waste any, would we?" I ask playfully and toss him one.

I peel mine as I leave the village and go to North Beach. I climb one of the palm trees to get a better look. "Nami-chan's back!" I whisper. I run towards the village and ring the bell. I hear them all complain. "Nami-chan is back, everyone!" I scream. Everyone is giddy and gleeful. I start heading home to tell Nojiko, but I'm interrupted by an outburst.

"PIRATES!!! NEW ONES!!!"

I run back to the shore and see a small boat with 3 passengers. Two of them are arguing with the other. They tie him up and leave him behind. "HEY! LET ME OFF HERE! UNTIE ME!!" I remove my shoes and swim to the ship. Using a loose rope, I pull myself up. "Hey, who do you think you," the strange man stops dead in his sentence.

"I'm Roshunai, Kyoko Roshunai. I was wondering if you needed a hand, but it looks like you got it covered," I state.

"No! I mean, please, untie me."

"Your companions, they sure didn't mind leaving you behind. I didn't catch your name," I reply, helping him out of the knots.

He stands up and says nothing. "I am Roronoa Zoro."

"The, Roronoa Zoro? The infamous pirate hunter? Well, if you've come here for Arlong, say goodbye to the people you care about," I say, about to dive back into the water.

"I'm looking for Nami, heard of her?"

"What do you want with my little sister?"

"Sister? I didn't know she had a sister," he replys in shock.

"Yes, she's my sister and we've got another one named Nojiko. Hurry and follow me before," I get cut off by fear and jump into the water. I see one of his men.

"Wait! Where are you going?" He calls after me, but I'm well hidden in the cove. I watch as he's taken away. I follow them to Arlong Park and continue spying. Nami walks into my view, I see the look of rage on Zoro's face.

"Nami! What a sweet surprise! You've finally come back!" Arlong chuckles. I see some of his men tie him up. "Do you know this man, Nami?"

"No, he could die for all I care."

Zoro then jumps backwards into the pool. He can't swim and he'll surely drown. But then Nami jumps in after him and brings him back up. He is then chained in another room inside the building.

I dash over to the window. "Hey, stand up," I whisper. He gets up and has a puzzled look on his face. But I see him become more relieved when I cut the bolts on the chains.

I hide behind the bush when one of Arlong's men come running,"Lord Arlong! The man has his weapons out again." Arlong stands up and most if his men and Nami leave.

Zoro reaches for his swords. "You can't escape yet, idiot!" I yell. He leaves and I hear a lot of slashing come from the patio. But as soon as the smoke clears, all of Arlong's crew is slaughtered.

"You're wounds look bad, here," I say quietly as I bandage them up. He takes my hand and leads me over to the wall.

"Shh, don't say anything. I can handle this," he whispers to me. I see Hachi, the pot-octoman.

"Greetings, are you visitors?" He asks politely.

"Yes, we are. We need to get to Cocoyashi Village," Zoro replies.

"Please, step inside the pot. I can take you anywhere!" We step inside and ride to shore. I run straight towards my house but I see Gen dealing with Arlong. I told him not to take out his weapons.

"Hey, Roshunai! Where are you going?" Zoro shouts. I gesture for him to follow me. And I wait for him with dinner ready and Nojiko out buying food.

Nojiko returns with a strange man with a very long nose. "Why you!?" Zoro yells at him and chases him around the clementine grove.

"HEY! COOL IT!!" I shout and they both walk back to our little house. I fix some food for them and they eat like they would never see food again. I hold my hand out to the the stranger and introduce myself. "I am Roshunai. This is Nojiko. You must be the nakama of Zoro. But you left him behind. That's pretty messed up if you ask me," I criticize.

nakama- means caring for someone more than family but NOT in a romantic way.