New Helpers

Zoro replies with a smile,"Yeah, Johnny and Usopp came with me. I wanted to go to Arlong Park, but they tied me to the ship. That's when you came to help me. And Usopp? Where's Johnny?"

"Uh, he went exploring. In the woods."

Just as Usopp said this we heard a loud crash. "What the?!" We all say in unison. We run outside and see a ship crashed into the trees. Usopp and Zoro see Johnny and a few people I haven't met.

"Zoro-aniki! Johnny-aniki! You're alive!!" A guy exclaims. His brother, Johnny returns the excitement by hooking arms and dancing. "Cook-aniki, Sanji-san, finally decided to come!" He yips once more.

More people pop out of the ship's demolished ruins. A boy with black hair and a straw hat. A blonde wearing a suit and smoking a cigarette.

Zoro introduces them to me. "This is Monkey D. Luffy," he points at the straw hat,"and this blonde pervert is the cook, Sanji."

"Ah, the beauty of the both of you! You're mesmerizing!" Sanji explodes and kisses my hand. I become very flattered and start to blush.

"So, you are the cook right? I recognize you," I say. "Bellemere took us to go see a floating restaurant. We didn't have any money but a little blonde boy and a big man with a peg leg gave us free food. I remember he told us it was free, because everyone's a customer if they're hungry. It was the best food I had ever tasted."

"I remember!! Haha!" Nojiko smiles. That's the first time I've seen Nojiko smile since the incident with Nami.

"You're the girl with the 3 little wooden swords?"he asks me.

"Yep," I nod,"but Arlong says if we ever take out weapons we are to be executed immediately. But I have actual swords now. They're hanging up in the house. Would you guys like to come in and eat?"

"As long as I get to cook! For you of course!" Sanji follows me into the house like a lost puppy.

"Don't be so full of yourself, that'll get you killed. I'm not as bad as you think."

"Yeah, her cooking is the closest thing to gourmet on this island. We should open a business but she refuses," Nojiko explains,"but if we did, we would probably help Nami pay Arlong."

"How do you guys know Nami?" Luffy asks.

"She's our little sister. Our birthday is tomorrow. Nojiko and I will be 19, and Nami-chan is turning 18. She's been working for him for 8 years," I choke, about to start crying. Zolo sits me down on the bed and tries to comfort me while I bawl my eyes out. I'm full of hatred and rage at Arlong. I want to lash out, but I calm myself.

Nami comes and bursts through the door. "Nice of you to finally join us," Luffy greets. I see the shocked look on her face. She's taken aback by these faces. She had fun with them, and they made her laugh and smile when she thought she could never be happy again. She snaps out of it and makes herself a plate.

"It's that special roasted chicken and dried plums with Bellemere's homemade duck sauce and clementine vinaigrette," I say and hug her,"I thought it would make you happy to have the dinner you never got that night." I see tears start to well up in her eyes. She starts eating and I feel a certain happiness, like she brought joy back to the village. Something good is going to happen.

I give Nojiko and Nami the two beds in the house. I sit at the kitchen table and doze off. Zoro wakes me up and asks me if I want to go to the ship with him. "Hey all the other cabins are filled, but you could bunk with me," he suggests. I agree and we walk to the beach.

We lie down on the sand and stare at the stars. "Have you looked at your hair in the moonlight? It kinda glows," Zoro says. I shake my head, but when I look, he's right. My hair looks like it's glowing. He decides that its getting late and we should go to sleep. He helps me onboard and we walk to his cabin. It's a twin-sized bed so we sleep kind of close. But he's keeping me warm so I don't mind.

"Hey, would you be okay with us killing Arlong? That's our plan to get Nami back," Zolo whispers. I nod my head. I know I could probably take on one or two of them. But if I get involved, he'll be after me.

-aniki - It is a Japanese honorific meaning brother or partner.