My Day Off With Zoro

We prepare to dock at a seemingly unihabited island on our venture to finish our crew. Luffy, as our captain, tells us to split into pairs. Luffy & Nami, Zoro & I, Usopp & Sanji.

"I WANNA SEARCH THE WHOLE ISLAND!" he says. We circle the island a couple of times so Nami can make an outline of the island. Luffy gives us a section to explore. I see Zoro grin a little when Luffy pairs us together. 

"C'mon, Roshunai, I'm ready to go." He snatches my hand and pulls me onto his back.

"Impatient, much?" I smirk. A chuckle rattles his chest and he jumps across the rest of the water to the land. He waits until we're well out of the other's lines of sight. "Zoro, why are you whispering?"

"Okay, okay, I'll tell you now," he says while watching me stop and fold my arms. "I've already been to this island. I know where everything is."

My jaw drops at his sudden statement. "Why didn't you tell the rest of them?!" I exclaim. He immediately shushes me. 

"Not so loud, Roshunai! They'll hear you!" I quiet down a little and we continue walking. "I want to show you something..," he smiles with a sense of compassion. I blush a little. He's kinda hot when he looks like that.. Wait, WHAT AM I THINKING?! He's a crewmate, not anyone to consider like that!

"Are you coming?" he says, offering his hand to me. I nod and take it. He leads me to a waterfall. 

"It's beautiful," I sigh. The beauty reminds me of my beautiful foster mother, Bellemere. She would've loved to see this. My bottom lip starts to quiver. "It's beautiful..." I say one more time, this time, almost crying.

"Roshunai, please don't cry.." I look up and see through my tears a look of concern. "Please, don't cry.." he whispers in my ear. His strong arms wrap around me and my tears soak into his white shirt.

"I'm sorry," I say, "I'm done crying." I sniffle a few more times. 

"This isn't all of it," he pulls my hand like a child leading her mother to a toy store. He pulls out two of his swords and places their blades into the falling water, cutting a space big enough to walk through. "Go ahead," he gestures to the inside. I step cautiously through the water gate. A cave. Zoro steps in himself after some difficulty trying to get inside unscathed by the water. I giggle a bit which earns me another loving smile from Zoro.

Is that really the emotion to describe his unique and rare smile? When his cheeks turn kinda pink? When his eyes are soft, unlike his usual, blunt, cold stare? When I'm the only person he ever shows it to... I smile at the thought. I cannot place a word with his calming smile. Sweet, caring, loving, compassionate, peaceful? Who knows?

There are paintings inside this cave, I just realized. "What is this?" I ask. He gives a sigh.

"This is the island where I grew up. My sensei's dojo is a little ways ahead. Sad to say, he and everyone else that lived here have either died or moved. I used to come here with my only friend, a girl, the one I made the promise to."

"Oh," I murmur, tracing the small etchings into the wall with my fingertips. "Why did you want to show this to only me?"

"You're the only one I thought it was nessecary to show. The others know enough of my story to not be bothered, but you showed particular interest, so I wanted you to see it.."

I look at different tick marks on the wall. There were hundreds under a picture of a girl, but the boy had none. Other drawings showed a boy and a girl fighting with swords. I smile. Then it shows the girl falling down some steps.. and now she's being carried to a cemetery in a casket through the rain, and the little boy is crying. Then the words, "I Promise," are written in a large bubble. I then come to the realization. "This is... you," I say. 

He nods at me. "Don't worry, I have full faith in you that you'll fulfill your promise. Well, y'know, after I die. Because you'll still have to beat me!" I stick out my tongue at him and giggle lightly. He grabs me by my waist and lifts me up on his shoulder, laughing a bit himself.

"We'll see about that," he chuckles. He leads me to an old dojo, beautifully falling apart from the lack of inhabitants. "I hid something here to give to someone after I came back t accept my past." 

He walks into the fragile building and returns a while later holding a kitana in a red sheath with black diamonds. He places it into my hands, gripping it ever so slightly tighter before letting go. I slowly pull out the cultured blade. A beautiful traditional dragon is engraved into the silver metal.

"Are you sure you want me to have this?" I ask slowly. He nods with a smile on his tan face, his features resting in delight. I hug him tightly and he returns the favor. 

"C'mon, let's go back to the cave. I'll tell you all about the sword." I take his hand and wewalk back to the cave. After being there for a while, it started getting darker outside. 

"Zoro, it's getting late. We should probably head back to the Merry Go."

"Don't worry, they won't care if we stay here for one night. I'll be right back, wait here." He heads to the darker part of the cave and returns with some supplies and blankets. "Here, I'll make the fire. You get the bed set up," he orders. I fold out the blankets. Did he say just one bed? I mean it shouldn't matter, I've in his bed before, I'll be fine.

He  makes the fire and I get the bed as close to the fire as possible without there being a possibilitly of the blankets catching on fire. "Zoro, I'm sleepy..." I mutter. He extends out his arm and covers me with a spare blanket.

"Sleep well," he coos and kisses my forehead.