Chapter Four

I get up immediately and wake up Hayden. Hayden quickly gets up and grabs his sword. Me and Hayden both get beside Zyde.

"What's happening?!"
"Get back!"

Out of nowhere, a human figure approaches Zyde. In the background on the other hand, there is not one, not two, but about ten figures armed and ready to kill us!

"Demon Prince, stop your nonsense!"

Demon Prince? Who are they talking about? My bracelet starts to glow and my hands turn into ice gauntlets. The figures start shooting and I block the bullets with the gauntlets. Zyde signals us to take cover. Me and Hayden hide behind a huge rock inside the cave.

"Broski, what's going on?!"
"I think they are robbers, like bandits."

I was right, I look over to see a group of people dress in white uniform with one dressed in black. The one in black must be their leader. Hayden asks me if I could make it snow so their guns would freeze. Snow won't do that but metal does freeze in really cold temperatures but people also freeze at that temperature. What about a smokescreen? A snows-screen! I scream to Zyde to join us behind the rock.

"Zyde, you can summon fire with your bracelet, right?"
"Yes, of course, why?"
"When I say go, shoot a ball of fire into my ice."
"A diversion? Nice thinking. I'm ready when you are."

I clear my mind and I shoot an icicle into the air. I start to shoot multiple icicles so Zyde can create the smoke.

"Go!"

Zyde lets out a wave of fire and combined with the ice, a think mist formed. We are pack our items into our bags and made a run for it. We are now outside the cave and continue on running. We make it about five hundred feet away and hide behind a rock. I am heavily breathing, my chest hurting, my lungs feel like they want to rip out of my rip cage.

"Broski, who were those people?!"
"I don't know, do you know Zyde?"
"Those people are with the King. They are here to kill us. I think they know our plan to kill the King so we must keep going."
"They called you Demon Prince? Who is that?"
"I'll answer that some other time. Currently, our main priority is to get as far as away from them."

We are continue to walk north, traveling through the night. I look up at the sky while we walk to find bright lights called stars. I know what they are and I saw them earlier but to see them now, they look so beautiful. They reminds me of Yelia's eyes. I starts to count the stars. One, two, one hundred, two hundred, one thousand; without me noticing, we have been walking for hours and now the sun is rising.

"Ham bro, I'm so wiped yo."
"I am too. Zyde, let's take a break."

Zyde tells us that we should keep on walking until we reach a lake. We continue to walk, pain shooting through my legs to my chest with every step. A few more hours pass by and it seems to be hotter today than it was yesterday. Hayden ends up passing out before we even reach a "lake" or whatever that is. Zyde grabs Hayden and pours some water on his face. Hayden wakes up and then falls into a deep sleep. Zyde slowly lays him down on the grass. Zyde tells me that I should get some rest too and that he is sorry for pushing us so hard. I drop my bag, lay on the ground with my arms behind my head, and slowly close my eyes.

...Yelia...I love you...I want to see you...again...kiss me...what are you doing? Don't do that! What are you doing?!

I wake up screaming a little. I had a nightmare about Yelia, that she was in danger. I sit up to see Zyde and Hayden talking, both watching the sun go down. I get up and slowly wake towards them. I sit right down next to Hayden and join the conversation.

"So you tried soda yo"
"Yes, yes I have Hayden. Oh! Hey Cerux, you seem refreshed."
"Yeah but I had a nightmare about Yelia. That was a rude awakening. So how does soda taste like?"
"It is like really bubbling flavored water that taste really sweet."
"I want some yo."
"I want som-"