Games with fire

I was tired of being the victim all the time. There were millions of people out there who were out for a walk at this time of the day and yet I was the one with a hand over my mouth.

  "Look, I am not going to hurt you" Mystery man said, tightening his hold with every word he uttered. Did he even realize the irony in that sentence? 

'Abort mission! Danger!' My mind seemed to say in distress. I felt butterflies in my stomach as a million situations flitted in my head. The horror films I once enjoyed were coming back to haunt me.

I reacted in the most logical manner. I bit down on his hand. Hard.

Due to the excessive violence I had to endure through the course of my dreams, I had come to detest violence. Screams and cries of agony always sent me into panic. Pain was a feeling I knew quite well. Pain was one thing I never wished upon anybody.

Despite this, the shrill scream that emerged from my potential kidnappers mouth filled a strange sense of happiness in me. I could almost imagine my brown eyes glittering with triumph and victory as I whirled around to take a good look at the person. 

A person with that kind of a scream couldn't be very dangerous, could he? The chances of the picture of a big, black clothed, dangerous looking man I had painted of the kidnapper coming true was very unlikely.

I took in his lean frame and tattered jeans. The mystery man was  too busy tending to his wounded hand to notice. Definitely not  gangster material. A sudden urge to know the person bubbled within me and made me kick his shin out of anger, curiosity, annoyance and other feelings that confused me. This person had just tried to kill me. Shouldn't I feel pure, unadulterated rage? Where did that feeling of connectivity come from?  

The person whipped his head upwards in order to face me. 

My eyes met with Sean's frightened blue ones. 

"Sean?" I screamed in shock. Did he have to be everywhere? Couldn't he be content with simply staying on my mind?

 "Why did you do that? Have you any idea how scared I was?" By now the dread and panic had subsided and all I felt was anger.

"I-I am sorry-" Sean started, making me feel bad about subjecting him to my outburst. "-I truly did not realize how big of a wuss you actually were" He completed with a smug smile that compelled me to respond.

Rolling my eyes in annoyance, I began to walk away. Violence was never the answer. I would not take the bait.

"How old are you?" Sean said, falling a step behind me. I kept walking, ignoring him in the process.

"So what school do you go to?" Sean said, clearly unable to decipher the message I was sending him. I continued walking down the road occasionally stopping to appreciate the surroundings.

"Do you like to draw?" He went on persistently even as I 'accidentally' shouldered into him in order to catch a bug.

"Can you skate? I like girls who can skate." That was the last straw. 

"Yes. I can skate."I replied with a sweet smile and exaggerated hand gestures.  This wasn't an answer Sean was expecting, if the surprise on his face was anything to go by. 

"Unfortunately, the only thing I like about you is your modesty-" I continued as a smirk began play on his lips."-the modesty that is nonexistent."

"You-" He started as the full impact of my words hit him. 

"Don't even try." I said as he attempted to counter my previously said comment. 

"Be careful who you play your games with...play with fire and you'll get burnt." I tossed over my shoulder as I walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey there!

Like I said earlier, Sean's character has been explored in this chapter. Hope you liked the lighter side of Elsie! No one can be serious all the time, can they?

So how many of you had a hunch that the 'kidnapper' was Sean?

Keep commenting and voting! It means a lot.

-Annagems