Chapter 11

I woke up next to an empty bed.  I had an uneasy feeling in my stomach, and I tried to stop the memories of last night cross my head, but it was too late.  Something wasn't right with me.  Nothing was right with me.

"Good morning," Sam said cheerily, sitting by his laptop.  Shit. 

I sat up, running my fingers through my hair.  "Good morning," I answered back apprehensively. 

Dean and Sam were brothers.  Not only that, they were close brothers.  They both are bound to find out what happened. 

I banged my head against the wall, not wanting to move.  Disappearing sounded like a perfectly plausible idea at the moment. 

"Good morning," another voice said above me.  I opened my eyes to find Dean and Sam standing over me, arms crossed and smirking.

Outside, I froze up and didn't dare move, but inside my body was screaming at me to run.  My heart almost gave out, and I think I would have let it.  I pursed my lips and nodded my head, impressed.  "I deserve that," I whispered.

"You sure as hell do," Dean growled, but his eyes were beguiled.  "Weren't you miss innocent virgin when we first met you?"

I scrunched my face, defeated.  "Yeah, it's a very confusing time for all of us," I muttered, not looking at either of them. 

"Listen Briseis, we understand that something unbelievable is happening to you, but you have got to control your... feelings," Sam said kindly to me.

I rolled my eyes.  "Yeah, you think?" I murmured as I finally stood up from the bed.  "I thought Cas said I had a soul mate or whatever.  Why is it that I'm able to sleep with both of you if my heart belongs to someone else?" I added sarcastically.

"Maybe because your a whore," Dean said casually, smirking.

I spun around and raised an eyebrow.  "Look who's talking," I purred.  "Haven't you been used your whole life?  By women, by angels,... by your father."

Dean scowled at me, his eyes flaming.  "You shut your mouth," he growled.  "You have no room to talk."

"You're right, I don't," I continued, smiling.  "Because we're alike Dean, more than you'd like to admit.  You hate knowing the closest personality to yours is inside a monster.  You dread knowing how lost you truly are."

Dean stayed silent, his eyes gloomy.  He couldn't fight me.  He couldn't even find a quip to answer back with.

"Do you think I'm real?" I whispered, staring at his vulnerable face.  "Or do you think your just as lost as I was?"

Dean glared at me, shaking his head.  "I know what's real."

"You keep telling yourself that, but you don't believe it."

"Yes I do," Dean insisted.

I tilted my head, eyeing him.  "And what if you're wrong? You keep telling yourself what you know.  But what do you believe?"

Dean let his arms drop to his side.  He was at a loss for words.

"Admit it," I whisper, putting my hand on his cheek.  "You don't believe in one reality anymore."  Dean's eyes glued onto mine, softening and defeated. 

"Dean," Sam called, but Dean couldn't look away from me.  "Dean!  We have to go."

I smiled softly at Dean's amazement.  He was utterly bewildered and intrigued.  I turned my head to Sam, who was narrowing his eyes at me.  I removed my hands from Dean's face and sauntered over to Sam.

"What are you running from?  Me?"  I tilted my head and grinned.  "Come on Sam, by now you should know that you can't run from what's already in your head."

"What do you mean?" Sam growled, finding the ability to speak.

I laughed bitterly.  "The idea that questions your whole being came from me," I breathed.  "And it's growing like a cancer.  You won't leave me behind, not yet. You still need me."

Sam scowled.  "Why would we need you?"

I crossed my arms and smirked at him.  "How else would you be able to grasp onto sanity?"