The Bar, The Jock, and The Song

New chapter spiced up for ya!
----------------------------------------

Seto drove me home in his beat-up pick-up. The blue car rumbled down the small hill my "parents" lived. He pulled his purple hood off, adjusting the white headband he had.

"Pick you up in 30 minutes. Think you could live that long?" Seto tensed at the sight of the ram-shackled house. I grew slight anger of not being trusted.

"Seto Lee Xavier, I survived this hellhole for 17 years. I think I got the basics down!" I scolded him. He chuckled, the stress lines under his eyes dissolving.

"Alright, Mister Mitchell Donnell-Ralph Hughes. Until 9:30." I got out, and he drove off. I watched my only angel drive away from me.

-------Time Skip 30 Seconds-----

"You useless piece of shit!" Mrs. Hughes slapped her son across the face. Mr. Hughes lay crippled in the sofa, blaming a young 8-year-old Mitch on the incident. Mitch stayed strong.

"LOOK AT YOUR POOR FATHER! Still crippled, you little Satan's bitch." Anaya (sorry if actual name) Hughes beat Mitch to a pile of limbs and blood and beer glass. The boy trudged up the rotten wood stairs.

-------Time Skip to Brice's Bar-------

Seto arrived at 9:30, a few seconds late. But was still Mitch's savior like always.

"So, what did your parents ask you when you walked down the stairs?" Seto struck up conversation. Mitch shrugged.

"'Where do you think you're going, to Satan's bed?'" Mitch quoted dully. Seto shook his head. "Still calling ya Satan's play thing?" The boy merely shook his head.

The sorcery teacher emitted a heavy sigh. "Well, we're here."

The brick bar was open to any person above 13. The bouncer was a stern old man, knowing every persons age and other social details. Except personal he left alone. The man watched the men walk towards him, stroking his gray beard.

"Well well well. What we got here?" He murmured. "You shall not pass without stating name, age, school, and this here towns name!" He cackled. This was directed at Mitch, a pretty short boy for his age.

"Mitchell Donnell-Ralph Hughes. Age 17. Goes to Miner Creeping High." Mitch was hesitant, then whispered: "And the towns name is Lox Village." It was a name to be whispered, so that tourists looking for new play things couldn't come in. Nothing in the town was named after the Lox name, not even the library, Ender Library.

"Pass." The old man, known as Spy Sky, ushered them in.

"Alright!" Seto cheered. "You'll be performing at 9:45." Mitch widened his amber eyes.

"What!!?" It wasn't the question that bothered him. No, something else was here. Someone else.

Someone that goes by Jerome Aceti.

-------------------------------------––—•-•

This should be a predictable plot. With some weird twists. Or the story will go WAY into a new direction.

Tanks to all you reading!

Crafted Writers Leader,
Mitchell (not IRL)