[Chapter 3] Eating a Box of 100 Pixie Sticks

I was standing in the center of Joey's and my bedroom, on the carpet between our beds, looking around to find a place to hide my journal. Joey wasn't going to be home for another ten good minutes...I needed to hide it quick.

I sighed, there wasn't any other place in the room. The dresser drawers were packed full of clothes - it would be impossible to slide it into the bottom. I couldn't put it under my bed - I would forget about it and it was visible to Joey.

"Ryan!" Amy called.

"Yes, Amy?" I yelled back.

"What do you want for dinner?"

I rolled my eyes, that was the least of my worries right now.

I looked out my window and saw Joey and his gang walking up the sidewalk. I hastily picked up my mattress and shoved the makeshift notebook under it. I let go of the edge, causing the mattress to drop with a loud thud.

I scurried downstairs, just as they walked through the threshold of the front door.

Joey pushed me to the side, causing me to slam up against the wall, as he began to ascend the staircase. Shane, Joey's other friend who had a "secret" crush on me (the feeling wasn't mutual), winked at me as he walked past me. And Anthony, the last one to come in, closed the door behind him and sped up the stairs, not even noticing me.

I turned around the corner and plopped down onto the couch, pulling out my music player and headphones. I turned the volume all the way up and closed my eyes in an attempt to relax. Of course I couldn't, too many things were on my mind. I threw the headphones on the floor and walked into the foyer, only to hear the well known sound that lead up to my father's return.

I opened the door and saw the blue police box manifesting in the front lawn. This time, my dad just stumbled out of it and landed face first on the grass. I crossed my arms over my chest as I made my way over to where he was picking himself up.

"Ryan! You're the exact person I was looking for!"

"What do you want, dad?" I bleakly inquired.

"I'm going to take you on an adventure." He smiled widely. He was jittering around like he just ate a whole box of 100 count Pixie Sticks.

"An adventure?"

"Doctor, why are we..." A pretty girl with long, brunette hair stepped out of the TARDIS. She was wearing a blue patterned dress with a darker blue cardigan and black tights . I looked at her like she looked at me - confused. "...here?" She finished her statement, walking up to my dad and gripping his shoulder lightly.

"Ah, Clara, meet my daughter, Ryan." I stuck my hand out for a handshake. She slowly gripped her hand around mine and returned the gesture.

"Ryan, it's nice to meet you." She stated.

"Nice meet you too." I slipped my hands into my jean pockets. I sort of was jealous by how pretty she was. I mean, she seemed to know what was in style, AND manage to look good in it. And there was me, with my torn up blue jeans and my baggy band t-shirts with bands no one knew of and plaid shirts that I always wore.

"Ryan, Clara's my...companion." My dad tried to explain. "You know what your mother says, I should never travel alone!"

"Then why don't you travel with mom?"

He looked at me with the look that I shouldn't have said that. "The TARDIS can't handle two timelords."

"Who's her mother?" Clara questioned.

The Doctor looked down at her and smiled. "That's for another time." He tapped her nose and jumped in the air. "Come on, Ryan! What do you say? Want to come on an adventure with me?"

I pondered this thought for a while, and I could see my dad was getting impatient. He began to rub his hands together while he waited for my response.

"I'll come." I agreed. "But only if my friend Ian can come."

He brightened up when I said I'd come, but he shrunk back into his uneasiness when I asked for Ian to come. "Is Ian...your...boyfriend?"

"He's a boy. And he's my friend." I answered. "So, yes, you could say he is my boy friend."

He stared at me blankly. I couldn't read his expression. He clapped his hands together, making me flinch. "Sure, why not? Is he here?"

"No, but he'll be here in a few minutes!" I ran into the house, pulled the house phone off of the receiver on the wall, dialed Ian's cell phone number, and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Ian! Come to my house, right now!" I yelled excitedly.

"What? Why?"

I sighed, "Just get your ass over here, as soon as you can, alright?"

"Fine. But only because you're my best friend." And he hung up.

Within minutes, Ian was over. I could see the expression on his face change as he walked up the sidewalk and passed my dad and the TARDIS.

"Hey, Ryan." He stammered. "So, what do you need?"

I grabbed his hands and held them in mine. His were so warm compared to my cold ones. "Will you, Ian Hecox, come with me on an adventure?"

He sighed in relief, "Thank god. For a moment, I thought you were going to ask me to be your boyfriend. To which I totally would've said yes to." I raised one of my eyebrows, slipping my hands out of our hold. "Never mind that." He said. "An adventure to where?"

"Anywhere you want!" My dad answered for me.

"Anywhere I want?" Ian repeated.

"Anywhere you want. Any place. Any time. Anywhere." I smiled widely.

"Sweet!" Ian exclaimed. "Should I go get my bags or what?"

The Doctor laughed. "You silly boy, where we're going, you won't need a duffel bag."

"But won't I be gone for a long while?"

I patted him on the back, "Ian, my dad can bring us back to this exact point in time. So, yeah, we'll be gone a long while, but no one will notice."

Just before we all got into the TARDIS, Amy and Rory came outside.

"Where do you think you're going with my daughter, Doctor?" Amy interrogated, walking up to him and sticking her index finger in his face.

"First of all, Pond, she's my daughter. And I'm taking her to places so that her birthday wish will come true!" He threw his arms in the air.

"My birthday wish?" I inquired.

"Yes. Joey told me that you just wanted to spend time with me. So, I decided it was time I take my little girl..." He pinched my cheek like I was five, "...with me to work!"

I slapped his hand away, "I appreciate the offer dad, but don't treat me like that. First of all, I'm not a five year old. Second of all, you may be 900 years old, but you're not an old grandpa. And lastly, don't act like we've always had this strong bond between us, because we don't and never have."

Silence stood in the front lawn of the house. I gulped, "So, let's go." And I spun around on my heels and dragged myself into the TARDIS. Ian followed me in there, and then he was followed by Clara and the Doctor.