[Chapter 8] Jenny Returns

"I seriously can't believe you! You're so fucking stupid!" I shouted, spinning around on my heels and clenching my fists, "I mean, you're the timelord, right? You shouldn't be so god damn stupid!"

"You're one too," He reminded me, crossing his arms.

"Yeah, but I'm not idiotic enough to just think that you can open prison cell doors! IN A CONTAINMENT FACILITY!!!" I yelled at him.

"Hey! You two! Quiet down!" The guards yelled at us, their guns pointed into our cell. I sighed and crossed my arms, "Understood?"

"Yes..." Anthony and I both moaned. The two guards nodded their heads and walked away. I slowly made my way up to the bars and watched them disappear into the darkness.

"We're never going to get out of here..." Anthony whined, sitting back down on the bench.

An idea popped in my head, "Hey! What about your Vortex Manipulator!?! We can go into my dad's cell, get him, and then leave all together!"

"Good idea, but there's one problem. They took it away from me," He held up his bare wrist. I stomped my foot like a little kid about to throw a temper tantrum. I began to pace back and forth, freaking out inside.

"You know what? You're right," I sat beside him, "We're never getting out of here..." I put my head in my hands and tried my best to not break down in a crying mess in front of Anthony.

"Hey, Ryan?"

"What?" I snapped back at him, "What could you possibly want now?"

He pointed to the door. I noticed a person looking into the cell who wasn't a guard, and gasped when I realize who it was. I jumped up and raced to the bars, "Jenny!"

"Ryan!" She gave me an awkward hug through the bars.

"Jenny?" Anthony inquired.

"Yeah!" I turned around abruptly, "She's my older sister," I looked back at her and smiled, "My dad got pricked in the hand and...ta-da! Jenny was born! But she supposedly 'died,' so, he doesn't know she's alive."

"And I can't seem to find him," She said disappointedly. She held up a picture of him, her, and some red-haired chick when he was in his tenth-generation form.

"Wait...you have a sister!?!" He walked over to me.

"Ooh, is this your boyfriend?" Jenny asked enthusiastically.

I laughed, "Funny. But no, I would never date this asshole. He's the reason I'm in here," I glared up at him. He rolled his eyes.

"Oh, well, what'd he do to get you in here?" She inquired.

"Well, we were coming to save Dad because he's been locked up for breaking my mom out. And then he thought we could just..." He cupped his hand over my mouth and laughed.

"I thought we could just get him later, because...we had...some stuff to do," He chuckled nervously as I punched him in the gut. He bent over in pain, removing his hand from my mouth.

"Well, I can get you out," Jenny offered, "Would you like me to do that?"

I scoffed, "No, I want to be stuck in this small cell with this guy forever," I replied sarcastically, "Of course I'd like you to get me out!"

"Okay. One sec," And she ran away. A few minutes later, the door slid open and the two of us walked out of the cell. Jenny returned and in a hushed kind of yell, told us, "Come on! The guards are going to come! We got to go!"

The three of us ran for the exit after grabbing Anthony's Vortex Manipulator along the way. Before walking through the doors, I remembered my purpose here. I stopped in my tracks and waited for the two of them to realize I was gone. And just like that, Anthony slowed down, Jenny kept going though. He looked back at me, "Come on, Ryan!"

"No! I have to get my dad!" I waited for his response, but he kept making his way towards the doors. I rolled my eyes, turned around, and bolted back into the facility.

"Oh my god...Ryan!" I heard Anthony complain as he joined me. We found the cell he was in, but he wasn't there anymore.

I fell to the ground in defeat, "I failed," I murmured sadly.

Anthony caught up to me and bent over, trying to catch his breath, "You...didn't...fail."

"Yeah. I failed in every possible way. I got caught. I didn't find my dad. And if we're supposed to be some great thing, we started off on the wrong foot! Look at us! We hate each other!"

"STOP!" The guards yelled. I glanced over my shoulder and saw that the prison guards had their guns pointed at us. Anthony and I both stood up and put our hands in the air. I glanced over at Anthony and saw that he was looking at me. He knew what we were going to do.

I clutched onto his arm as he rolled his sleeve up, quickly pressing the buttons on the Vortex Manipulator before the guards could shoot. We disappeared and were back in my bedroom, standing on the rug between Joey's and my beds. Joey was laying down on his bed, texting his friends. When he saw us, he sat right up, throwing his phone down.

"Where the hell did you two come from?" He inquired, staring at us, "Anthony? What are you doing here? And what is that on your wrist? MOM! I NEED SOME EXPLANATIONS!" He bolted out of the room and down the stairs before we could answer any of his questions.

"That was close," Anthony remarked, stepping away from me, "I thought I was going to have to tell him!"

"Wait...so, no one knows you're a timelord but me?"

"Well, Strax does. And Madame Vastra. And Jenna. And Jenny. And..."

"I meant like Kalel. And all of your friends. And your family."

He shook his head, "They don't know a thing. They just think I'm a really popular, attractive teenage boy."

I crossed my arms, "How are you going to explain to Kalel why we're spending so much time together?"

"How are you going to explain it to Ian?" He snapped back.

I smirked, "He already knows."

"About me!?!"

"No. About me." I reassured him.

"You told a mere human about being a timelord!?!"

"Look, he's my best friend. He deserves to know about it. And wasn't he once your best friend too?" I inquired, sitting down on my bed and looking up at him.

He didn't respond for a while, just stared out the window. Suddenly, he scratched his head and said, "Uh...yeah, I got to go. Uh, I'll talk to Vastra and tell her it was my fault we didn't get him out."

"No!" I stood up, "It was both our fault. I should've stopped you from trying to..."

"Don't worry about it," He told me before walking out of my room. I followed him downstairs, but stopped when he closed the front door behind him.

"Ryan!" Rory exclaimed from behind me, "Where have you been? You were supposed to come home with Joey today."

"Sorry, Rory, I...uh..."

"Let me guess, something with your dad?"

I slipped my hands into my pocket, "Uh, yeah! Sure!" I wasn't totally lying...it had to do with my dad, so...

"Alright, well, dinner's going to be ready in an hour. So...be there, okay?" And he walked into the living room, leaving me alone in the foyer to be intercepted by Joey getting all in my face trying to get answers about why Anthony and me just appeared in our bedroom.