[Chapter 9] Winter Quay Part Two

I walked through the threshold of my History classroom and was greeted by my creepy teacher, "Good day, Miss Ryan. How is Amy?" Madame Kovarian inquired.

"Fine," I answered vaguely before walking through the aisles and finding my seat in the back. I pulled out a book from my backpack and opened it to read. I found it hidden behind the hoard of books on the bookshelf. It was called Melody Malone and it had a picture of a female detective blowing out a gun with red lips. The detective looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to it.

I'd only started the book last night, but I was already a far ways in. I was already reading Chapter Six  - The Gargoyle. It was a really good book, I'd wished I found it sooner.

Just before the bell rang, Anthony slipped into my classroom and tapped me on the shoulder, "Psst, Ryan!"

I glared up at him, "What?"

"I need to talk to you."

"I'm in class right now!" I detested. But before I could zone him out and concentrate on my book, he grabbed my wrist and literally dragged me out into the hall. He wouldn't let go of me until we were in janitor's closet. Pushing the janitor out, he closed the door behind him and looked at me very seriously. The room smelled heavily of cleaning supplies and was giving me a headache.

"What? What do you want Anthony?" I asked him. My crush on him was growing smaller and smaller each day I knew he was a timelord and realized how annoying he was.

"I talked to Madame Vas..." He began to answer, when all of a sudden he stopped and his eyes grew wide.

"What?" I asked turning around and seeing a weeping angel standing over me. I shrieked and stumbled back into Anthony's arms.

The lights flickered and they eventually went out. I screamed in terror as I felt something touch my shoulder, and it wasn't Anthony. As I opened my eyes, I realized I wasn't in the smelly janitor's closet anymore. I was standing in the middle of a street, rain pouring down on me. Glowing orbs of yellow lit the cold, empty streets and buildings stood tall.

I put my hood over my head and looked up to see a tall building, next to what should be the Statue of Liberty, but looked different, standing before me with the words "Winter Quay" in big red letters.

I don't know why, but I was drawn towards the building. I walked through the doors and looked around me. Everything looked so...old timey.

Just then, an elevator came down the shaft and opened on the floor I was on, the bell dinging when it was finished. I looked behind me to see if anyone was there, but the room was completely empty. I started to walk for the doors of the elevator when I heard the tapping of high heels on the marble floors.

I turned around to see a person dressed in a trench coat and hat, similar to the one on my book cover, approaching me, "I wouldn't advise you to do that, Miss Ryan."

"Who are you? You can't tell me what to do," I snapped back.

The person lifted their head to reveal tightly curled blonde hair and a red-lipped smirk, "Yes I can. Because I'm your mother, and I know what's going to happen if you go into that elevator."

"What? What's going to happen?" I questioned her.

"You want to know?" She teased, knowing I would crack. Which I did, suddenly I became nervous and scared. She continued onto saying, "You'll see yourself die. And then they'll come for you."

"Who? Who'll come for me?"

"The angels."

"The angels?"