Flaming piece of sh*t

One of the men started running toward us at full speed. He had a powerful aura around him, not as powerful as mine but still intimidating. Kelsey yelped in fear and jumped behind me using me as a shield. Even though I knew there wasn't any real danger I still stood protectively in front of her. He was scaring her. Kelsey was like my little sister and anyone who frightened her would have to deal with me.

I growled menacingly stopping the boy in his tracks. He glared at me barring his teeth and growling lowly. Now I'm pissed, he had disrespected me. Even if I wasn't going to be alpha of my pack I still had alpha blood and I'm the mate of an alpha you don't disrespect me!

"Shut the hell up!"

I ordered taking a venomous step forward.

"Back away from us before I make you regret scaring my little sister and disrespecting an Alpha!"

He surprised me when he stood his ground and replied with an even voice.
"She's mine. I'm beta of Demetrio pack, I have the right to claim her from any pack she belongs to."

My eyes were blazing with rage as I stared at him. I hated the laws that stated that the male rankings of Alpha, Beta, and Third in command could claim there mates and take them to their packs even if the female wishes not to be with him. You couldn't reject them, they were the highest ranks and they needed their mates. This is why the mates of these wolves were basically screwed, we had no choice. It made me furious. Woman of our kind were demoted as less than men. Even though I could probably kick every male in my packs ass with out a scratch. We were seen as weak, in need of protection.

Growling lowly I stood up straight still standing in front of Kelsey who was now gripping my arm full force.
"How old are you pup?"

The beta's eyes flared in anger when I called him a pup but with a glare from me and Luke he straightened up and answered me.
"I'm seventeen."

Smirking I wrapped an arm around Kelsey who was burying herself in my sweatshirt desperately trying to hide.
"Kelsey is fifteen. She's too young for you."

Once again he growled at me which I returned full force.
"She's mine!" He shouted. I have to admit his persistence is an admirable trait, but right now it was just annoying me.

This time when he growled Luke stepped up and pushed him back.
"I don't want to hurt you Bret, but if you growl at my mate again I will."

Bret jerked out of Luke's hold and looked at Kelsey. The look he gave her made me feel super guilty. He looked at her with love, sadness, longing, and hurt all at the same time. I didn't want him to not have his mate I just wanted Kelsey to still love me like a big sister for a little longer, she has always depended on me. In middle school a guy was bullying her and I kicked his ass. When members of my pack were mean to her I made them pay rather harshly. Kelsey was my little innocent naive sister. I wasn't ready to let that go. If she has a mate she won't need me to protect her anymore.

Eyeing him up and down I ended up sighing and stepping away from Kelsey. Right when my body wasn't sheilding here anymore she squealed and attempted to run behind me again. I grabbed her arm softly and kept her in front of me.

"Kelsey he's your mate. He's not gonna hurt you. You can go to him." I said rather reluctantly. Kelsey's eyes brightened but then she looked at me with a bit of fear.

"But....I'm scared." She replied loud enough for him to hear. He growled lowly but I shot him a look that said if he didn't shut the hell up I was gonna castrate him myself.

"Don't be hun you'll be fine. Anyway if he ever did anything I'd kick his ass." I stated. To my surprise and utter amusement Kelsey growled a bit when I said I would kick his ass.

Looking at Bret who was bouncing on the balls of his feet waiting for Luke to move so he could get to his mate.
" Luke let him move."

Luke moved and came around standing next to me. Bret picked Kelsey up and hugged her small frame to his chest. Kelsey yelped at first but then melted into his touch.

I smiled slightly. She looked happy, so I was happy for her.
When Bret put her down he still kept a firm hold on her waist. I rolled my eyes and put my hand out.
"Hello I'm Alpha-"
A small growl from Luke made me think about how I wasn't going to be alpha. Shaking my head I finished introducing myself.
"I'm Jayne. Kelsey here is my little sister and if you hurt her I'll castrate you." I said with the brightest smile I could muster. The beta 'bret' glared at me for a second before his face broke into a grin.

"I'm Bret. I'm sorry for how I behaved but she's my mate and males get a little possessive with there mates. I will take good care of her, Luna." He thought he was being respectful and kind but when he called me Luna my eyes darkened and I wanted to strangle him but I calmed down seeing as he didn't yet know how much I hated the term.

"You can call me Jayne." I said trying to keep my voice calm. Bret smiled and went on talking to a timid Kelsey.

Placing my hand on my shoulder I sighed, it's been a tiring day. From behind I feel Luke's arms wrap around me.

"Looks like I'm not the only one in my pack who's mate is throwing a tantrum." He whispered in my ear. In response I stomped on his foot, a childish move but an effective one. He yelped and growled lowly causing a mischievous grin to take over my features.

"Oh sweetie pie, if you thought earlier was a tantrum you've got a hell of a lot coming." I blew him a kiss and giggled a little when he narrowed his eyes at me. "Kelsey's not throwing a tantrum so who the hell are you talking about?"

Luke's arms went back around me pulling me tight to his chest as he pointed across the field. Looking in the general direction I spotted Celeste growling at the other man from the car.

"Fuck you you inconsiderate piece of flaming shit!" She yelled at him as he approached her. I went to step toward them but Luke stopped me.

"Don't. Jacin probably just said something that wasn't the nicest, he has no filter. He says what comes to mind. She'll be fine." He explained. I narrowed my eyes at the man who was still approaching my cousin. Celeste could hold her own ground just fine.

I watched in great amusement as Celeste kept throwing curse words at the man and he seems awestruck at her vocabulary. Finally they get really close and Celeste is still yelling distacted by her own voice, he pulls her into his chest and a cry comes from her. That was all I needed for me to attack.

----
Ok I've been having some writers block issues and my little brother is sick and I've been back and forth at the hospital so it's not the best chapter I'm srry! I still love comments and if you have any ideas message me!
Thank you my lovelies!