epilogue

• before </02> in WICK

WALTER WAS ALWAYS ONE TO BE A people pleaser, it was in his nature. As the eldest child of his four younger siblings growing up, he never wanted to disappoint any of them. Especially his youngest sister, Xenia, she was the first to get married out of the four of them and his favorite (though he'd never tell his other siblings that).

Behind the counter of the diner, he stared off at the window where a certain red-head was yelling at her computer screen. "...come on, say it with me 'I am pedophile!'."

Walter was completely dumbfounded, holding someone's order in his hand, he dismissed his distraction of none other than Stella Kazatori and gave the customer his lunch.

Walter couldn't take it anymore, he had to throw Stella out or else he'd have to blow his brains out with his shotgun that was hidden under the floorboards of his apartment, that was none other than above the diner itself.

"Hi, I'm conducting a survey on internet pedophilia. May I ask you a few questions?"

"Stella," Walter sighed in restraint of strangling the seventeen year old girl who he used to babysit for thirty dollars an hour.

She took the buds out of her ears and clicked the keypad on her laptop. "Yeah?"

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Walter had a tendency to get irritable very easily.

"What do you mean?"

"What do you mean 'what do I mean'? I'm talking about your internet pedophilia talk — you know you're not the only customer in here, right?"

"There is no rule that says I can't be on my laptop — "

"You are disturbing the peace." Walter interrupted.

"You seem to be the only one complaining."

"I have a right to complain!"

The bell above the door dinged, meaning a customer had entered the door. Walter readjusted his baseball cap on his head and exhaled in a prolonged fashion.

He saw Mia enter, wearing her school uniform and her wild, curly hair, out and untamed. She greeted Walter just before sitting next to Stella at the table. "Mia, will you please tell her that if she doesn't put her laptop away, I'll have to kick her out."

Mia looked at her best friend. "What'd you do now?"

"I'm conducting a survey on Omegle." Stella answered truthfully.

Mia looked up at an impatient Walter Klimaszewski. "It's a project for her Sociology class."

"Shoot me now." He walked away and into the back where the kitchen was.

"What'd your mom say when you got home?" Mia was dying to ask Stella that very question all day during school. Mia went to a performing arts school on the outskirts of town, they had a prestigious ballet program that would better the chance of Mia getting accepting into a Dance Company straight after high school. It was her senior year and she was preparing for the senior showcase that upcoming spring.