Chapter Thirteen : Andy Carter

Andy Carter

he likes harry potter

i broke his heart

he was a muggle

2008

***

It is a Saturday morning, and I am happily sleeping in. You know, Uri is snoring on my sofa, there is absolutely no distractions going on as I manage to continue my dream about Emma Watson.

I hear my door barge open. "You guys are still sleeping?"

I open one eye and vaguely see a young girl, with dark brown hair, wearing a sundress and jean jacket.

I watch as Uri stand up to put on a shirt, "Xenia, why? Huh? I was sleeping."

I roll my eyes and rake my hand through my messy hair, walking over to my dresser and putting on sweatpants over my boxer shorts. "She loves making an entrance, don't you Z?"

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Wally." She shoots a smirk in my direction.

I sigh. "Wally, really?"

"I think the real question we are both dying to ask is 'why are you here?'!" Uri intrudes as his tendency to get agitated easily is slowly seeping through the cracks.

"You both never RSVP'd to my wedding." She folds her arms, batting her eyes and swaying side to side.

"You said you sent out the RSVPs." I say to Uri.

"I did." He growls. He gets very grouchy when he does not get his ten hours.

"Did it have a stamp on it?"

"Ye — wait."

"Hmm," I turn to our little sister. "we'll be there."

"You couldn't have made a phone call or Skype'd. You had to drive all the way from Potomac to get us to RSVP?" Uri continues to complain.

"I also wanted to see you guys." She shrugs.

"We'll see you at the wedding." I point out.

"Well you guys didn't RSVP — "

"You're eighteen, why are you getting married?" Uri interrupts. "You should be having fun not settling down."

"Since when does settling down have anything to do with wanted to be with someone the rest of my life?" Xenia asks Uri. "I'm marrying Zev because I love him, and I want him to be my husband."

"You're not knocked up, are you?" I blurt out.

Xenia scoffs. "Unlike some people, we actually use a condom."

Uri stiffens up.

Xenia smiles. "Aw, Uriah, you look so cute when you're flustered."

"Ma can't keep her fucking mouth to herself, now can she?" Uri turned around and sat down on the couch, running his hands down his face.

I scratch the back of my neck. "Xenia, I think you should go home." I say carefully, choosing the right words. "We'll see you at your wedding."

"Damn," she exclaims. "did I say something that wasn't public knowledge."

"Z, just go! Okay?" Uri shouts and she flinches, taking a few steps back.

Xenia frantically nods. "Remember, dates are required."

"Yes, Xenia we know." I can't help but smile. "I'll text you their names."

She gives me a kind smile before leaning toward Uri. "Sorry." she quickly whispers before opening the door and shutting it behind herself.

I place my hand in my sweatpants pocket. "You wanna talk about it?"

Uri firmly shakes his head as a no.

I awkwardly nod. "Well, I'm gonna take a shower."

"You do that." He says, looking as if he was about to punch a wall.

🚜

A/N: five more chapters until the epilogue. ☁️☁️☁️

random xenia pop up moments are crucial to her personality, not just to throw her in before the wedding. fyi. 😉