Where is Home?

Not knowing...

Karura sat in her room looking out the window looking up at the full moon, the desire to run, to escape the feelings eating away at her. One delicate hand rested in her lap, her indigo eyes taking in the pure white moon, wishing she could view the beautiful night from a higher place. The night sky, in all it's glory, was the one thing which seemed familiar to her, and yet her body's lack of energy prevented her from reaching out.

Thus the question of what was worse, not knowing who or where one was, or not knowing who kept sending the letters with her meals. The latest Karura clutched in her delicate fingers. "There is a full moon tonight. When I look at the moon, I'm reminded of the fact I know you're there, but can't reach you. I'm not sure how to explain things better."

"Far away..." Karura continued to look up at the moon. "That's kind of how I feel right now. I don't know where home is."

A clucking sound was heard from the doorway, and Karura's head turned slightly to see two older people standing in the doorway

A clucking sound was heard from the doorway, and Karura's head turned slightly to see two older people standing in the doorway. One was a short woman, with gray hair, and wrinkled skin, and the other was a man just as short. Both elders exuded a familiar aura to them, and the sandy haired female felt her spirit calm in their presence. The old woman hobbled in, and stood near where Karura sat in the chair. "Do you recognize me dear?"

Karura's indigo eyes stared, trying to remember where she saw them, but her mind drew a blank. Her soft lipped mouth opened, her eyes drifting down as the feeling of regret came floating back. "Apologies. I feel as if I should know the two of you, but I can't remember."

A wrinkled hand reached out to touch Karura's arms gently, and two indigo moons drifted back up to see the old woman smiling at her. "It's all right that you don't remember, Karura dear. It really is."

"It doesn't feel right. It feels like I'm forgetting something important." Karura's delicate hands reached out to touch the soft, wrinkled sand of the old woman.

The woman patted Karura's hand with her free hand, her dark eyes filled with sadness. "Don't worry about that. Do you feel like you would be able to go home, what with your memories the way they are?"

Karura felt her breath draw in. "Home? All that is home, isn't that strange objects, and people? If there are even people to go home to?"

"The doctors say though, going home may bring back memories." The old woman continued to hold the sandy haired woman's hands in a comforting manner. "Don't you want that?"

The young woman found her head drifting to the auburn haired man, and the letters she'd been receiving. "These letters... what kind of person do you think would write them?"

A frown spread across the woman's face, the nimble fingers of the hand resting on top of Karura's taking the letter, carefully reading the contents. A sigh, soft, but filled with frustration escaped the old woman's lips. "A fool. A stubborn fool who doesn't know what's good for him."

"I thought so. It can't be him." Karura looked down at the paper, but a quick realization made her head dart up, a dizzy feeling hitting her head, causing a nausea in her stomach. "Wait, you know who it is?"

The old woman patted her hand, a smile fluttering across her face. "I think that's something you should figure out on your own. Plus, you may not be happy with the answer, or the answer may be what you didn't expect. Take the time. Speaking of which..." The old woman paused. "Since you don't feel like going home, then why don't you come and stay with my brother Ebizo and myself. A doctor would come and visit you, to check up on you, but otherwise it is a peaceful, and quiet place."

Two indigo eyes widened, and Karura attempted to shake her head, only to remember the quick movement would make her head spin. "Wait. I wouldn't want to be a burden to you."

"Burden?" The old woman patted her hand. "You, Lady Karura, are very much like a daughter to me. It would thus be a pleasure for you to come home with me, to stay as long as you need to. You'll be very much loved, and that's something you need right now."

"Yes, but..." Karura looked from the old woman, to the old man, wondering who they were to her, that the old woman would call her daughter despite no blood ties. Her delicate lips pushed together. "What am I supposed to call you?"

"You can cal me Lady Chiyo, mother, grandmother, whichever feels most comfortable for you, Karura dear." Lady Chiyo's hand patted Karura's arm, the old woman's smile remaining there.

The old man who stood with the old lady let out a chuckle. "My goodness, Karura. You managed to make my sister smile. She almost never smiles, you know. Unless of course she's gotten finished pranking me, making me think she's dead."

Karura's free hand lifted up to touch her fingers to her lips, her eyes twinkling as a nice feeling settled into the pit of her stomach, settling some of her anxieties down.