Sickening Feelings

The pleasant feeling brought about by living under the care of Lady Chiyo and her brother didn't erase the other feelings Karura felt, and the peaceful bliss strangely found itself interrupted one morning when she awoke from a nightmare. The sandy haired woman's indigo eyes blinked a couple of times as a throbbing feeling settled in her chest, and her throat, one delicate hand reaching up to touch right below her chin.

The young woman felt her eyes widened, her other hand reaching to touch her stomach, her throat swallowing in an attempt to brush away the sickening feeling. For a few minutes she closed her eyes, and then swung her feet out of the bed so that her toes touched the cold floor, allowing a relaxing feeling to wash over her, a sigh escaping through her lips. Karura pushed herself up with some of her regained strength, and sat down in front of the nightstand to attempt dressing herself.

A knock at the door, and Karura's head tilted so her sandy haired bangs feel in front of her eyes. The delicate fingers on her hand brushed the locks away, and a soft smile spread across the young woman's lips as she saw Lady Chiyo. The old woman came over, the wrinkles of her face crinkling even more with worry. "Let me help you. I know you want to be able to do things on your own, but that will come with time."

"I don't like not feeling strong." Karura looked herself in the eye, her mind wondering what she was like before she lost her memories.

"That to will come with time. Once you're strong enough, I can work with you on basic skills." Chiyo reached for a brush, and slowly began to brush out the tangles from the sandy locks, the soft, silky hair sliding through her wrinkled, calloused fingers. "By the way, it's been awhile, but you have another letter from your secret admirer, and on Valentine's day none the less."

The two indigo eyes the young woman saw in the mirror widened, some of the tiredness fleeing from the eyes, her lips twisting up into a soft smile, and a slight twinkle hitting her eyes briefly. "Oh really?"

"Personally, I am curious to see what that fool wrote you that time. What do you think of you're secret admirer?"

"My secret admirer? I doubt it's that auburn man, and that..." Karura shook her head, glad she could do such a thing without feeling dizzy. "Well, that secret admirer may not be what I'm hoping for, but at least it is something to look forward to, particularly since I'm not able to do much yet."

"Lean on me, and I'll help you into the kitchen." Chiyo despite her old body helped the young woman into the kitchen. "I believe your brother left you something as well."

The sandy haired female looked at the letter with it's box of candies, as well as the flowers in the vase, her eyes closing. Karura slid into the chair, the back supporting her body in such a way that she felt somewhat stronger then without. "I thought the tradition was for the female to give gifts on Valentines, and wait for reciprocation on White Day?"

"The man is a fool, your brother is a fool as well I'd say, if it weren't for the fact he's wanting something for you to be normal, to have something marked." Chiyo slipped into her own chair, her eyes drifting over to the stove. "If you're hungry, I can fix something for you to eat."

"Not yet. Eventually I'm going to be well enough that I can cook you something in return, Lady Chiyo." Karura felt the corners of her mouth turn up at the pleasant thought, her delicate fingers reaching for the letter to open the folded piece of papers. The smile quickly frowned, and Chiyo asked what the matter was upon seeing the delicate features fall in such a manner. She let out a sigh, and handed the letter to the old woman, and watched as one gray eyebrow twitched.

"'Happy Valentines. I hope I'm not being any trouble to you. If I am, I'll simply stop." A light chuckle escaped Chiyo's mouth. "My, my. That foolish child, though he's not a child anymore."

"I told him not to do anything!" Karura's lip slid out slightly. Her cheeks heated up as she looked down at the short letter, the urge to say something to the auburn haired man burning away, but another feeling, that she didn't want to drive him off also ate away, making her stomach turn. The young woman thought carefully over what to do, and finally brushed her sandy haired locks away from her indigo eyes. "Would it be possible to have paper and writing utensils?"

"Of course." Chiyo headed out of the room, and soon came back with a rather nice set, allowing it to clink down.

Karura took the brush into her hand, the feeling of having something that felt familiar despite the fact she didn't remember ever writing anything in her life washing over her, and removing some of the irritation she felt. Putting the brush to paper, and getting her thoughts out made a peaceful feeling replace the negative thoughts.

~ To my secret admirer,

To be honest, I am not sure whether I appreciate the letters I am being sent. I know I don't dislike having the letters sent, but truth is I find myself wishing you to be a certain someone, but I personally doubt I would be lucky enough for...

The paper crumpled with a resounding sound, and a nice, Karura heard a nice, crisp sound as she took another piece of paper.

~ To my secret admirer,

I am a bit perplexed as to why you are asking about whether your affections bother me or not. I specifically told that young man who was here the other day, not to say anything, to do anything, but here you are asking such a question. The reason you know, is because he told you, is it not.

How do I feel about your affections? I am honestly not sure. I've been wishing, even hoping that you are a certain someone, but I don't think I would be that lucky. Despite the fact I am rather neutral on the affections you've been lavishing on me, I can say I don't dislike the letters, and gifts. I've had nothing to do, and it does give me something to look forward to. I can't though guarantee that I'll reciprocate your feelings.

One question I'd like you to answer, did that auburn haired man tell you? Please tell him I am quite displeased with him.

~ Karura

The sandy haired woman let out a soft breath, letting it flutter across her lips. Her eyes closed shut, and she pushed the paper to Chiyo who picked it up, letting out a soft chuckle as she did. "I'll see that he gets it."