luke

Would it be kinda arrogant of me to say that I thought Lucy, a girl whose face is identical to mine, is incredibly beautiful?

I mean, all my life I thought I was pretty ordinary looking. It would leave me in awe every time whenever I see a fan comment how much my "selfie made them wet." I wouldn't go as far as that to describe how I look, but I guess it wasn't really my place to say.

Lucy sat in the passenger seat of my car, and her friend Marina sat in the back. Lucy's aura was just radiating off of pure nervousness, and I felt a little guilty for putting a bit of pressure on her. It's obviously a nearly impossible task but she seems like a clever person.

This prank has to be perfect.

I take a deep breath before saying, "You nervous?"

"A little, yeah," she answers me.

Marina chuckles softly, "I'd be if I were to pretend to be a band member in order to fool the whole world for six straight months."

From the corner of my eye I could see Lucy turning in her seat to glare at her friend, "You're not helping."

"Really? 'Cause if I remember clearly, I just gave you a makeover that makes you look exactly like a famous lead singer," Marina sassed. "I think I'm being very helpful."

"While your makeover skills are brilliant and beyond superb, your little 'encouraging' comments here and there makes me feel like I'm going to vomit," Lucy signs, leaning her head against the window.

Keeping one hand firmly on the steering wheel, I place my hand gently on Lucy's thigh in comfort. "Hey, I'm sure you'll do great. I'm so grateful that you agreed to help me with this prank, okay?"

She glanced at me, a small smile that resembled my own forming on her face. "Really?"

I nodded, taking my hand away from her so now there's two hands properly on the steering wheel. "Really."

Marina suddenly sits forward in her seat and asks, "Hey, do you have a copy of your album lying around in here?"

"Yeah, it's actually already inserted into the CD player," I tell her. "Why?"

She doesn't say a word, and just moves her hand so she could turn on the music. It immediately goes to Amnesia and Marina says, "Okay, Lucy, there's a good chance you may have to do a few shows here and there. Let's practice."

Lucy nodded, taking a deep breath as she began to sing in sync with the music, "I remember the day you told me you were leaving, I remember the makeup running down your face. And the dreams you left behind you didn't need them, like every single wish we used to make... I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things... Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories I never can escape - 'cause I'm not fine at all."

My eyes widened. She sounded exactly fucking like me.

"That was amazing," I said, although I had heard her imitate me before. "Are you even trying or does it come natural to you? You know, to sound like me."

Lucy shrugged. "When I sing normally, I have a higher pitched voice. But it wasn't hard to sound like you when singing or even talking, so I guess it is kind of natural."

"What kind of soulmate shit is this?" I could've sworn I heard Marina mumble under her breath, but I could've just been hearing things.

Finally we stop in front of my house, and I turn to face Lucy, "You have my phone number right?"

"Yes," she assures.

"And the password to unlock my phone, and to all my social medias?"

"Yes," she repeats.