epilogue

lucy

I clenched both my fists at my side out of my anxiousness. I tapped my foot against the floor repeatedly, and I'm sure that my loud rapid breathing was annoying the tired people around me. But I didn't care.

I really wanted to see him.

The arrival time at his gate stated exactly 7:30 AM, and right now it's nearly eight. Therefore, my panicky state of mind increases. It only stops when the gates finally open and people start walking out. Then my eyes land on him.

He's so beautiful. He looks exactly the way the day I met him, which was about two years ago. My heart races when he nears me, and he engulfs me into his arms.

"Lucy," Luke breathes out. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, even though it's only been a day," I giggled at my husband. "I can't believe you got on the wrong plane, the tour starts tomorrow!"

Luke and I got married a year after we got engaged. The wedding was absolutely perfect. We were married on a beach in Sydney, and quite a lot of people showed up. Excluding my parents, of course, however Marina did come. Her and I patched things up, but unfortunately we will never be the friends the same way we were before the whole drama with her.

"You've known me for two years, babe," Luke laughs. "And you should know that I am an idiot."

I rolled my eyes at him. "You are not an idiot. You're airport navigation skills could use some work, though."

He smiled at me. "Can't wait for tomorrow."

Tomorrow is 5 Seconds of Summer's first leg of their tour, and I'm their opening act. Yes, those few classes at university really did pay off. Immediately after posting a few covers on YouTube (and possibly a little promotion from Luke on his Twitter), I was signed to a record company. I released my EP, "Same Eyes" within a few months and it was a hit. Since Luke and I are married, it made perfect sense for us to go on tour together.

"Luke," I spoke up after a few moments of silence, "I have to tell you something."

"What is it, love?" he asked me, my serious tone causing him to be serious as well.

I glanced down at the floor and looked back up, chickening out. "Um, I'm really excited too."

He gives me a weird look but shrugs it off. I let out a deep sigh and cursed myself internally.

You have to tell him sooner or later.

I decided to choose later.

-

"I feel like I'm going to throw up," I announced, glancing at the screaming crowd of fangirls and fanboys.

Luke rests a reassuring on my shoulder as Calum smiles at me, "It's okay Lucy, just pretend you're the only one on stage."

Yeah, I don't think it was the crowd making me nauseous but okay.

"Or imagine them all in their underwear!" Michael shouts and Calum rolls his eyes.

"You'll be fine Lucy," Ashton tells me, and Luke kisses my forehead quickly before motioning for me to take my place.

The crowd screams loudly as I started singing, and I tried my best ignoring the queasy feeling I was having. It was really difficult, though.

"I fell in love with you because we had the Same Eyes, and with you I just get better - yes I rise," I finished, thanked the crowd, and ran backstage and threw up in a bucket.

"Lucy!" Luke yelped, running towards. "Are you okay?"

A couple of medics surrounded me but I gave Luke a reassuring nod and said, "Yeah, don't worry about me. Now get on stage!"

Bryana comes to me with a sympathetic smile. "You have to tell him sometime."

I sighed. "I know."

-

"Are you sure you're okay?" Luke asked for the umpteenth time. "Was it a stomach bug or just nerves?"

"Actually, it was neither," I muttered under my breath, clutching onto the plastic object in my hand.

I hid it behind my back as I told Luke, "I need to tell you something."

Luke sits up in the hotel bed, not thinking much of anything. "Tell me, darling."

"Maybe it'd be better if I were to show you," I say, taking the object out.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Show me what?"

I handed it to him and he takes it, utterly confused. A few minutes later he spoke, "A pregnancy test?"

I nodded.

"Is this yours?"

I nodded again.

"It's positive..." he says, and after a few minutes of contemplating the situation his eyes widened and he looks from the pregnancy test to me. "Holy shit, you're pregnant?"

"Yes, I am," I say, tears flooding my eyes.

He stands up and engulfs me in a hug. "Oh my God," he whispers, "I'm going to be a father!"

"I'm going to be a mother!" I yelled as well, laughing.

We hugged for a few moments and cried happy tears. Luke then pulls away and places his hand on my stomach.

"I promise-" he begins, "I promise to love you. I promise to always be there for you. I promise to help you whenever you are in need. I promise to give myself to you. I promise to build this family to the best it can be. I promise to love you forever."

I cried some more and Luke kissed me on the lips, passionate about us, passionate about our baby and passionate about the future the lies in front of us.

In this moment I true do not regret Pretending To Be Luke Hemmings because it led me to the best place I could ever be in:

Right here.

-----------------------------------------------------

*cries*

author note next part :)