The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 15 ]

I flipped through my diary and pointed my finger on the subject I had right now and smiled when it read Math.

I’ve always loved Math…and English…and Biology…and Chemistry...

Okay, I love all my subjects, but Math is definitely on top of the list. Sure, it’s easy for me – but that’s not why I love Math.

I love it because although Math can’t teach us how to add Love or minus Hate, it proves to us that every problem has a solution.

Very philosophical, I know.

I sat next to Gabby who immediately ignored the girl she was previously talking to and began making a conversation with me.

“Hey gorgeous!” she leaned over and we swiftly kissed me on the cheek as I did on hers.

“Hey! How are you?” I smiled as I started to open my textbook and grab out a pacer from my pencil case.

“Fine. Guess what?”

“What?”

Her face dropped, “Oliver’s invited me…to meet his parents!”

“Wow! That’s great!”

Gabby looked at me like I’d grown three heads.

“…Or not?” I finished.

She slapped my hand, making me wince, “Chloe! I’m being serious! I’m freaking out!”

“Geez, chill. There’s nothing to be freaked out about, I’m sure if they get past how much of a loser you are, they’ll love you.”

Gabby slapped me again.

“Ouch, Gabby, you’re so violent.” I grumbled whilst rubbing my arm.

“You deserved it.”

“Meanie.”

She laughed, “Aw, Chloe, you’re so cute.”

I let out a little fake laugh and quickly completed the worksheets our teacher had handed out.

“Chloe, what’s the answer to question four?”

“It’s ‘figure it out yourself’.”

“There’s not enough space to write that, it’s a two digit answer.” She said sincerely.

I could only hope she was not being serious.

“Hey, guess what?”

“Hmm?”

“I saw Charlie drive Allie to school this morning”

My head snapped up in her direction, “Really?!”

“Yeah, they were even walking to class together – are they going out?”

“I don’t know” I replied honestly. After everything that happened last night, I had totally forgotten to call Allie and ask about what happened after they left!

“I hope they are,” Gabby smiled while doodling on the site of her worksheet. “They’d make a really cute couple.” she added.

“Yeah? You think so?”

“Sure! Then we could organize double dates!” The excitement in her voice made me laugh. But it was only half-heartedly. What was wrong with me? I should be happy for them…right?

Right?

“All that’s left is for you to get a boyfriend” she finished.

I rolled my eyes. “Totes…”