The Bad Boy, Cupid & Me [ 19 ]

“What did you just say?”

André had finally regained his composure as he dared Reece to answer his question. Sure, he still looked like a sadistic psychopath… but at least his emotions weren’t all over the place – and for that, I was thankful.

Reece took slow, casual steps towards us, “Well that depends…are you deaf or are you stupid?”

André looked taken back, “What?”

Reece nodded to himself as if he’d just noted something, “Stupid.” He affirmed to himself, “Definitely stupid.”

“Oi, I would watch my mouth if I were you.” André threatened.

Of course, Reece wasn’t affected at all - in fact, he looked rather bored. “Oooh, a threat, Oh My Gosh; I’m shaking with fear.” He faked a shiver and I suppressed a giggle.

André ignored him a turned to face me, I took in a sharp breath.

“He’s your boyfriend?” He asked with a mixture of rage and disgust.

I barely managed to give a weak nod.

Reece pretended to look concerned – the guy would seriously make an amazing actor. “Naww, don’t look so disappointed… I mean, I’m sure you’re a nice kid once we get over much you belong in a mental institution…but really, I’m not interested in you like that…”

André’s head snapped up so fast I heard a crack, “What?!”

“I’m sorry…I just don’t go that way…if you get my drift.” Reece tried to imply with a straight face.

I struggled to keep myself from laughing.

It’s hard to believe that it was only moments ago, I was in a terrifying life-threatening situation and now that Reece is here, I couldn’t seem to stop smiling.

André’s cheeks were red with fury, “Are you trying to imply that I’m gay?”

“Arent you?”

“What the fuck? No!”

“Good… because it would have been really awkward for me to do this.”

Before André could react, Reece had done a roundhouse kick to André’s stomach, before kneeing him in the crotch.

Yes, doing that would’ve been extremely awkward if André was gay.

André was back up in moments and in fight mode with his blade pointing at Reece. My hands were shaking. Although Reece was a badass fighter, André had an advantage: A weapon.

“You’re so going to pay for that, motherfu-”

Reece winked at him, “Less talk, more play.” 

André charged at Reece and threw a punch, aiming towards his face. Reece ducked down at rapid speed and jumped back just in time to avoid André slashing towards him with his knife.

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. That’s not very nice.” Reece commented as if he were talking to a child.

Of course, Reece’s statement only aggravated André more.

He lunged at Reece and managed to slam him onto the cold, hard ground of the balcony. Reece quickly threw a punch at André’s face, which momentarily caught him off guard. He took this opportunity to kick his chest and toss him off himself. Both guys got up in seconds, and continued the fight.

I closed my eyes shut and crouched down against the balcony walls – covering my face with my hands. I couldn’t bear to watch the scene before me anymore. I hated knowing this was one fight I couldn’t get in between and stop.