Chapter One

Kyungsoo sat atop of his throne, bored as always. 'Twas one his rare days off of pointless training that he was forced to practice, for he was the heir of the Whiterose kingdom. One of the most armed kingdoms in the realm. War was going on, the reason is unknown of what caused this sudden breakout of battles but one thing was for sure, you couldn't trust anyone. No matter the connections, friendships, or allies, you just could not.

A unexpected crash came from the room Kyungsoo was lounging in, the glass from the gigantic windows had shattered leaving pieces everywhere. Guards from the Blackforest clan tied up Kyungsoo, before he could react, the guards had gagged him. The clumsy kidnappers dropped Kyungsoo in the mess of glass, shards were injected into his arm, slitting his skin. Crimson liquid leaked from his wounds that the guards almost couldn't bear. The kidnappers escaped by ropes, tossing the prince into a wooden cart then proceeded to flee back to their kingdom.

......

The King, Queen, and two unamused princes awaited in the throne room for the thieves. It was the perfect plan for battle. The Blackforest clan could attack Whiterose while they were distracted in finding their dear Prince and steal their riches. King Junmyeom let out an evil cackle. Puny humans could not defend themselves even with their Prince but at least the they could get information about the Whiterose's artillery, if the humans would not pay the ransom. The thieves stumbled in with Kyungsoo's body that was smeared with blood and dirt with his clothes torn and his face almost unrecognizable. Humans are easily damaged

"I told you two to bring him unharmed!" The King furiously exclaimed, bringing his fist down onto the table which made the Queen, Jongdae, slightly jump. Sehun and Jongin just watch with tired expressions since this has happened many times in the past.

"B-but-" the apparent Guards were cut off. The Princes and Queen watched the scene unfold before their eyes. They already knew what was going to happen. It was a shame since they were the head guards.

"Your orders were clear yet you choose to oppose them." The king's voice boomed.

"Execution for disobeying orders provided by the King! Remove him from my sight this instant!" Junmyeom's voice rings with power throughout the sitting hall. He could not stand ignorance. The duo were dragged to the dungeon by servants, their screams could be heard from mile away, them pleading for life.

"You," the King points to a lowly maid. She trembles from what she had just witnessed.

"Clean up that sorry excuse of a Prince and place him in the guest room. I will deal with him later." She bows and another servant helps bring the Whiterose native to a room to nurse him. The servants sniffed then unconscious man, their eyes glowed red at realization of the sweetness of Kyungsoo's scent. The proper tools were placed inside the room to remove the glass shards from Kyungsoo's still bleeding wound. Luckily none of the royal vampires had smelled his blood or he would have been dead meat for sure. The servants valued their "lives" more than blood, so they tried very hard not to try a sample of the delicious smelling human. Piece after piece the glass came out, the blood lessening, and Kyungsoo slowly regained consciousness.

"W-where am I?" He groggily asked while rubbing his head. Kyungsoo opened his eyes wider to see a maid and a male servant staring at him. He screeched and jumped back on the bed, but let out a yelp when he moved his arm. The maid attempted to grab Kyungsoo to settle him down. The prince swatted her away.

"You're in Blackforest castle." She spoke with a soothing tone while again trying to grab and bandaging the wound.

"H-how did I get here? What do you want from me?" Kyungsoo stuttered.

"Beats me." She shrugged and poured a spoonful of medicine the shoved it into his mouth. He coughed up some of the disgusting tasting liquid.

"His majesty shall be here soon. The King has a low tolerance for idiotic people despite his own sons being so" She joked and left with the male servant. Kyungsoo panicked, his mind racing. How did he get here? Most importantly why?! The only thing he remembered was glass breaking before everything went black. He knew the war was going on and competition was high but he didn't think the kingdoms would become this desperate and kidnap people! This couldn't get any worse in Kyungsoo's mind. being stolen by the Blackforest clan was one of the worst scenarios. Kyungsoo sighed. He's heard stories of this clan, of how ruthless they were portrayed. How they would kill anyone who steps out of line in an instant. The royal family frequently needs new guards and servants for the palace because of the King, yet no one stops him from slaughtering these innocent people.

Kyungsoo fiddled with the hem of the comforter, trying to figure a way of escape. They could potentially hurt his family if he tries to leave. Kyungsoo yanked at his hair and paced the room. He was bound to this clan until his family made a move in this war. He was miles away from home. A knock at the door frightened Kyungsoo while the same servant that tended his wound came in.

"Plans have changed. You shall get dressed and attend dinner to meet the king. You have five minutes and do not be late." She informed Kyungsoo, handed him some clothes, then quickly slipped away. Kyungsoo was extremely nervous, what if they killed him? Drained him of his blood? No, he would mask his emotions and face these blood sucking demons. He cautiously dressed and headed down stairs. There Kyungsoo waited at the door building up the courage to knock. The door swung open before he could proceed to do so.

A/n: how was the first chapter? I look forward to writing this story! like, comment, and subscribe or whatever it's called...