Chapter Five

SMALL DISCLAIMER: I updated/fixed a few things in the previous chapters. I made Kyungsoo a little bit more feisty than he was originally lmao. I also apologize for me only updating like every 3 months...

---

The chattering seized once Kyungsoo had stepped into the room. All eyes were on him, especially one set in particular. Kyungsoo felt a rush of nervousness but didn't display it on his face. The boy just bowed and greeted a quiet hello. The king flicked his head in that direction, acknowledging Kyungsoo's presence and quickly went back to his conversation. Kyungsoo had spotted Minseok walking with his head down towards him. The older directed Kyungsoo to a chair between an empty seat and an intimidating looking man, mumbling his own hello and scrambling back to his corner. Across the table sat Sehun, who was leaning his head against a person who was similar in size to Kyungsoo. Sehun whispered some incoherent words to the person that made them giggle. Sehun kissed the strangers cheek. Ah, that must be Luhan. Kyungsoo took in Sehun's mate. He was exceptionally handsome, with large brown eyes that sparkled with joy and happiness. Lucky man Sehun was, he had his future sealed and secured.

Kyungsoo's eyes drifted left to Jongdae and Junmyeon. Jongdae was analyzing maps sprawled on the table, he ran his hand through his hair multiple times before sighing and scrawling something down. Jongdae glanced at Junmyeon, who completely ignoring him. The king sat at the end of the table, leaning in toward yet another foreign man, being a little too close to be "just friends" or allies in Kyungsoo's book. The foreigner had gorgeous dimples and a warm smile that captivated even the coldest hearts it seemed. The man pointed down to the map closest to him and Junmyeon also pointed there, their fingers brushed making the man slightly blush. Jongdae frowned at the pair and went back to his scribbling.

On Kyungsoo's left sat a sharp looking man who's features were expressionless. His blond hair was covering one of his emotionless, tired looking eyes. He stared at his neatly folded hands, as if he was deep in thought. Kyungsoo felt fear spike his mind. Be cautious. These were the people you had to watch out for. The strong, quiet type. His gaze shifted to Kyungsoo silently asking him what in the fuck are you looking at. Kyungsoo quickly scooted to the right and avoided all contact with him.

He now studied the red haired person seated next to Sehun. The man was gripping onto yet another man who was dressed in a maid suit instead of a servant one. The red haired man had the maid on his lap, his arms looped around the maid's waist and lips grazing his ear. Inappropriate as it was, Kyungsoo wasn't the one to judge. All the pressure of looking like the perfect royal wasn't being pressed onto you in this room. In this room you could let loose a bit from the responsibilities.

Finally, Kyungsoo's eyes were met with Jongin's intense red, glowing orbs. The younger's lips twitched into a barely visible smile. Jongin leaned back in the leathered chair and crossed his arms, his gaze still fixated on the prince. An extreme scent filled his nostrils. He was drawn to it. He needed to know the source of this delicious smell. Kyungsoo's eyes grazed the group noticing he was the only one being affected, but soon realized Jongin was the one emitting it. His eyes went wide.

"Okay! So let's get down to business!" The king's voice cheered. Kyungsoo snapped out of the trance.

"But first let us begin introductions. As you all know, I am King Junmyeon." He stood up and bowed.

The queen introduced himself and quickly sat down, still looking upset from the scene before between the stranger and Junmyeon. Speaking of that stranger, he stood up and greeted everyone.

"Hello, I am Zhang Yixing, the king's head general. It is a pleasure to meet you all." He smiled sweetly, dimples on display. He spoke with a slight accent which was exceptionally adorable. He wore a dark inky uniform with a hat that was tilted a bit on his head. A black rose pin sparkled on his red sash that laid across his chest, five red stars in the shape of a pentagon were presented on his right breast pocket. If anything, Kyungsoo should have been most intimidated by Yixing considering his position but the general's appealing appearance blinded him.