Chapter Three

The dinning room doors closed with a loud thunk, leaving the oldest Prince behind to get an earful of scoldings by the King and Queen.
....

Jongin watched the other princes disappear down the hallway. Damn Sehun! Sighing, he leaned a hand on his head and listened to his parents' rant. They spit scolds like fire, back and forth, each on worse from the rest.

"Jongin, this is unacceptable! I'm sick of these girls showing up in such a state!" We had a guest for gods sakes!" The Queen was furious, his hair was frizzy and his forehead glistened with sweat from all the yelling. Jongin looked at his father to see why he hasn't exploded. Junmyeon sat tall in his seat with a small smile playing on his lips.

The King was deadly calm.

"My Queen," Junmyeon turned to his wife. "I have thought of a way to stop this." The King devilishly grinned.

Jongin looked between his parents. On the outside he looked bored, but on the inside he was extremely worried. His parents never punished him, they just let him off with a warning then was sent to his chambers. Well, except for that one time he drank a human's body dry. It wasn't his fault, the guards just didn't keep him chained tight enough when he had experienced his first blood lust. After all that went down the prince had to clean the whole castle, every nook and cranny, with no dust left behind while all the servant had the day off. Talk about agony. Jongin has only experienced blood lust once. You felt like you would die without the blood, like it was your lifeline, you would do anything to have it. No matter how extreme or deathly that task is. When you finally retrieve it's similar to how humans get drunk just without the hangover. It's probably the best feeling in existence. Until you kill the human, then guilt sets in.

"Jongin, we have come to a conclusion." The Queen looked delighted.

"We shall introduce you to eligible Princesses for you to marry!" Jongdae clapped. He walked over to Jongin to place hands on his shoulders. Jongin immediately shoved the Queen away looking absolutely disgusted. Jongdae fell to the floor, feeling felt hurt and betrayed. Junmyeon rushed to his partner's side, glaring at Jongin.

"I refuse!" Jongin roared throwing a glass towards the wall, it shattered and red liquid ran down the wallpaper. He flashed his fangs and his eyes glowed.

"It will happen sooner or later." The King announced.

"You can't control my life." Jongin growled lowly, his nails shot out looking highly sharp.

"Be prepared." The King randomly cautioned for an unknown danger. With that Jongin stormed out of the dinning room. Maids and butlers scampered out of the way, in fear the Prince would harm them.

Jongin headed towards his rather large room. There, waiting, was the girl who had interrupted dinner, still in the skimpy clothes from before, pouting. Jongin shoved the girl down one the king sized bed, roughly kissing and biting her neck. The girl was stunned from his suddenness but soon reacted. He needed to take his frustrations on something and sex was the perfect excuse.

---

Sehun lead the way to the library while Kyungsoo warily trailed behind. He can't trust them, not yet at least. They were Kyungsoo's kidnappers so he had to be alert for any dangers or traps.

"Why so tense?" Sehun asked. Kyungsoo just stared at the floor, unsure how to answer.

Almost as if Sehun read the smaller's mind he said "Just be glad my father hasn't thrown you in the dungeon. He is treating you quite nicely for a hostage, I advise you to take advantage of that. It's not like he'll hurt you either, so calm down."

Kyungsoo visibly relaxed but still remained vigilant. The duo shortly arrive at large mahogany doors, which were opened by two servants. Inside was a massive collection of books, with at least one hundred bookcases filled with every type of genre. A musty but comforting smell hit Kyungsoo, who looked fascinated.

"Woah." He gasped and spun in a circle. Sehun just scoffed.

"What, They're just books. Quit getting so excited." Sehun shrugged. Kyungsoo glared at him.

"Just books?! Hah! I bet you haven't touched a single one in here since you were born!" He laughed.

Sehun just frowned and slumped into a chair. Kyungsoo followed suit, but was still amazed by the massive library.

"Why are we here anyways?" Kyungsoo questioned.

"I said I would take you on a tour of the castle and also Jongin was getting his ass whooped that's why." Sehun sniggered. His older brother never learned. Sehun had given up on that lifestyle long ago after finding his mate, Luhan. Luhan is the prince of Redthorn and attended a ball that Sehun was also at with his family. It was love at first sight, the rest is now history. Luhan's kingdom needed him at a time like this, so the couple is separated until the war is ended.

"How many times has that happened?" Kyungsoo gulped and shivered. He knew Junmyeon was scary, but how worse could it get?

The younger yawned leaning back on his chair too lazy to answer. Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows imagining the king's furious face once more.

"He deserves it though some more scoldings. He's an adult now and should learn to take responsibility. Maybe get a mate while he's at it and settle down." Sehun sighed. Kyungsoo mentally nodded in agreement. He didn't really understand Jongin's situation but he took pity. He was probably under fire for a lot of things that come along with being Prince. Kyungsoo should know how it feels.

"You want me to show me to your actual room? I'm kinda getting tired..." Sehun rubbed at his eyes.

"We just got here though!" Kyungsoo pouted cutely. Sehun just smiled and ruffled Kyungsoo's hair.

"Let's go. You can come here tomorrow and pick out some books." The taller started walking out the door leaving Kyungsoo behind, who quickly caught up. The strolled down the huge corridor passing many rooms. When they turned a corner, groans could be heard from one of the rooms.

"Oh- Kai~" a female voice wailed. Sehun just dragged Kyungsoo quickly past the room turning a two more corners before reaching their destination.

"I gotta go-" Kyungsoo cut off the younger by asking "Who's Kai?"

"Dammit" Sehun mumbled.

"Ask Jongin later when you get the chance..." Sehun trailed off

Kyungsoo just stood there confused. Sehun pointed to a room a few feet away.

"Well princess, there's your room. Do you need me to tuck you in?" Sehun mocked.

"Shut up."

Kyungsoo shoved him lightly then slowly opened the doors to his new room. Sehun waved him off and sauntered down the long hallway to who knows where.

Inside the room was a King size poster bed with vanity on the left and a huge bathroom on the right. An already lit fireplace was placed in the corner of the room with a couch and coffee table in front. A large bay window was directly across from the bed, the silver moon shined through casting shadows across the room. That's all he saw until he was too exhausted to stand.

Kyungsoo hurriedly undressed and hopped onto the soft mattress tiredly. The female's voice could still be heard from this distance which irritated him. He shoved pillows against his ears then attempted to sleep but failed to do so until the stroke of midnight.

---
A/n: Thank you guys for the views and comments! They are greatly appreciated :3