03. best friend

she saw you with her.

you guys were standing by your locker.

you were smiling at her not noticing that she was waiting for you to walk her to class.

you never turned your back.

you payed attention to her not thinking about your best friend.

and the saddest part was that she was her close friend.

during lunch you went to sit with your buddies and she sat by her.

she asked her what your favorite band was so that she could buy you a cd for your birthday.

she swallowed the lump in her throat masking her face with a fake smile.

she told her that you loved panic! at the disco knowing full well that she already bought you tickets to see them live.

she would not stop talking about you. how you were so nice to her and how she was hoping you would ask her out.

she just sat there listened to her talk blocking of any feeling of hate.

the thing was she didn't hate her. she was a close friend and was actually a wonderful person.

she knew that if she knew then she wouldn't go after you.

but she never told anyone about her feelings for you.

so she sat there feeling sorry for herself. she knew it was her fault for falling for you.

but she couldn't help it.

she thought about all those times when you bought her favorite snack everyday in middle school.

or when you helped her learn to ride her bike when she was 8.

Maybe it was the emotional connection she shared with you that made her need to be in your life, and in your heart.