14. best friend

you haven't talked to her in 2 months. you promised her that you would give her space.

you just want to apologize. you were supposed to be the boy who protected her.

now you see her everyday, all by herself.

at lunch she sits on the floor and you sit at your normal table with your arm around her.

she wants to ask what happened between you and her but stays quiet.

she watches you laugh and smile at her, as if you never cared about her at all.

she wishes she could have everything go back to how it was.

when she never knew those awful things, and when she never liked you.

sadly she couldn't. she was stuck having to see you everyday without getting the courage to talk to you.

she wanted to forgive you because she was never the grudge person.

but she still needed time. she needed to know what her life would be like without it being revolved around you.

she was learning how to make new friends without your help.

she was always with him. he didn't tell her that you went by his house.

he stood by her side as a friend.

she really wanted it to be something more but she knew that her heart wasn't fully healed yet.

he waited patiently but for now he was just a friend who supported her.

maybe that's when a little piece of her heart went to him instead of you.