19. best friend

"i love you. don't you get it. i've loved you since we were kids. you always had my back through thick and thin. you were there for me when i needed you most. you made me smile and laugh. you made me whole. i love you and i'm sorry. i'm sorry that i had to fall in love with you out of all people. i'm sorry if I'm some cliche girl who falls for her best friend." she said.

it all made sense to you now. why she was always happy when you were around. why her face lit up when she saw you. why she was mad when you took her to the movies with you guys. why she stopped talking to you after you started seeing her.

you felt like such an idiot. you broke her heart so many times over the years without you even knowing it.

with every girl you would talk to her about. you thought about how much it must've hurt to hear you talking about other girls in front of her.

you felt like a horrible person.

you wished you could take back anything you said to her.

it hurt enough that her best friend said awful things to her but she loved you.

and what was worse was that you didn't love her back.

all those years ago you had a major crush on her. after awhile you gave up, thinking that she could never like you back.

you never knew that she loved you all along.

your heart hurt and your eyes stung as you thought about how wrong everything was.

how you made her feel depressed when it wasn't her fault for liking you.

nothing was her fault, it was all yours.

you stood there looking at her.

she had tears in her eyes, not bothering to wipe them away.

"do you get it now. do you finally understand how hard it's been on me. i've loved you for 10 years. i've been trying to hide my feelings for you for so long and i'm tired. i'm tried of you treating me like shit and i always end up going back to you. i'm tired of everything. and the saddest part is that i know that you will never love me back. i know that this will only ever be a one sided relationship and i'm done." she said as she wiped her nose.

she left you alone in the tree house to think about everything.

and this time you knew you screwed up, bad.

dedicate this chapter to What_is_you for leaving hilarious comments.