30. best friend

it's been 5 years since she told you her secret.

even though you both already graduated highschool there was never a day that went by when you didn't think about her.

she was your best friend for about ten years.

you got into a private college and she went to an Ivy League.

this was your last year and you were so happy to finally be done with school.

you and her made the long distance work face timing everyday.

you and she weren't that far apart but it would take at least a ten hour drive to go see eachother.

but through it all you guys kept your relationship strong.

you were still madly in love with her and she was head over heals for you.

you always thought about how your life would have turned out if you were still best friends with her.

you most likely would have gone to the same college, maybe rented an apartment together.

you still felt the shame in your actions as you thought about her.

you haven't spoken in years and although sometimes it is rough you knew that it was for the best.

she already graduated college.  she and  him were pursuing making their own business.

you were happy for her.

you thought about the highschool memories like that time when you were drunk and she took you to her house to prevent you from getting in trouble. Or that time when she was sick and you missed an entire week of school to make sure she was okay.

those little memories made you smile and you mentally thanked her for your friendship.

without her you would've been an entirely different person.

without her you wouldn't know about some of the things you love to this day.

she shaped you into the person you wanted to be.

and hopefully you gave her memories too.

you tried contacting her a year after graduation but she changed all of her information.

the only recognition that she was okay was from her family that she left behind.

you would sporadically check in and ask how she was doing.

they wouldn't go into too much detail, just enough to set your heart at ease.

you knew that she didn't want to see you, she wanted to forget about her past but you couldn't let it go.

you needed to talk to her at least one more time in your life.

but it never happened.

she was happy with him.

they got married about a year ago and she recently found out that she was pregnant and they were both so excited.

she wasn't too young so her parents were okay, as long as she was happy.

she was a new person. she was going to be a mother.

she thanked you for breaking her heart because if you hadn't then she would've never met him and they wouldn't be where they are now.

you were her first love but he was her soulmate.

she was in love with her new life and she couldn't wait to see what her future will hold.

she was stuck being the BEST FRIEND but she was OKAY with that.

.:fin:.