Chapter 4 - The Truth

'I'll go!' Phil jumped up from the bed,
'Awesome!' I smiled, climbing down the bunk bed. Secretly feeling a gust of nervousness flow through my veins.
'I would go, but I don't want to.' Jake laughed, lying back in his bed.
'Same, you guys don't be to long, we don't want a repeat of the first day, Dan!' Sam laughed. ' I won't be waking you up!'
'Funny!' I moaned, walking behind Phil out the door.

'Where shall we go?' He asked, smiling. He only smiled around me. I don't understand why? He was also confident around me, didn't mumble like he does around others. It made my feelings for him even stronger.
'The lakeside?' I suggested, slipping on some shoes.
'Perfect.' He replied.
We walked out the door, greeted by darkness, I knew Phil would be terrified. So I pulled his hand into mine, giving it a reassuring squeeze, as we walked.
- - -

We walked in comfortable silence through the wood, it was dark, which meant Phil let out lots of murmurs, bless him.

'It's okay, Phil.' I whispered, squeezing his hand. He made a noise which sounded like a thankyou.

'Finally.' I mumbled, reaching the lakeside, we found a small bench, and sat next to each other, still hand in hand, taking in the view of the moon shining onto the lake.

'It's beautiful.' He whispered, snuggling into me, resting his head on my shoulder. 'I don't want to leave this place, Dan. I don't want to leave you.'
'We will still see each other, and- I could meet your friends, you could meet mine?' I smiled at the thought, but were my friends accepting? Not really, they hated most things. I knew they were homophobic, I was before coming here.
'I don't have many friends, I'm a bit of a loser, in case you hadn't gathered.'
'Phil, you are not a loser, your perfect.' I whispered, kissing his head. 'And- I kind of have a major crush on you.'

'What?' Phil questioned, he shot his head up, looking into my eyes, seeking a lie. 'You like me?'
'From the day we met I knew you were different, these past few weeks have made me fall for you- a lot.' I mumbled.
'Dan...' He began, 'I didn't think you were gay?'
'I- I didn't think I was either, until I met you.' I explained, my entire body felt like jelly as I waited to hear what he thought of what I said.

'Oh Dan.' He smiled, cupping my face. 'I dreamt of this moment. I feel the exact same way.' My heart missed a beat. I looked into his eyes, the beautiful blue glowing in the darkness of the night, mixed with the moonlight and a few fairy lights hanging near the bench.

Phil moved closer, soon his lips were just inches from mine giving me light shivers my heart was pounding as I slowly moved forward. Electricity sprung down my bones. Fireworks erupted in the air. His lips against mine was magic, the kiss didn't last long enough, when he pulled away to look at me.

'I can't believe it.' I mouthed, with little words actually making sound.

This moment was so perfect, but we needed to go back.

'Let's go, it's getting so late.' I mumbled, standing up, and helping Phil to his feet. In reward, I got a peck on the lips.

We walked back, talking about anything and everything holding hands through the woods. We agreed on keeping our love a secret, for now, due to not knowing if the people at this camp where all that homophobic shit.

- - -

'Shh.' I whispered, closing the door behind me as Phil began to walk up the stairs, both Jake and Sam where snoring there heads off. So I kissed Phil goodnight, before climbing up onto my bed. Falling straight into a peaceful slumber.