Chapter 19 - The Runaway

'TIME TO GET UP, BOTH OF YOU!' My mum shouted from the door.
'Yes,' I mumbled, pulling myself across Phil and onto the floor. 'Phil, get up you plonk, school!'
'Oh,' he replied, standing up and shuffling behind me.
'I won't be in till late tonight, I'm working all day, stupid teachers. So I put a microwave meal for both of you in the fridge.' She smiled. Guilt hit, I might not see her in a while, or speak, how will my mum survive, I have a brother, who's 12, but he is actually never around, I haven't spoke to him in over a year. He eats in his room for Christ sake. 'Thanks mum,' I smiled, giving her a kiss on the cheek and a hug.
'Aw, no problems sweetie.' She replied patting me on the back.

We left for school, ready for today's events.

- - -

'Phil, you're back!' Josh smiled, running up to us both. Once again, the jealously hit me. Making me want to slap josh, but I didn't, and just let them talk, I'll soon have him all to myself.

First lesson was a drag, along with second, it was break, then third, we had science, that was the time to leave.

'Sir,' I mumbled, 'Phil doesn't feel well. Can I take him to matron?' I asked,
'Er, yea, sure, go for it, here is a pass!' He handed me a blue piece of paper, before allowing us to wonder the halls.
'Lets go,' I smiled, walking towards the exit.
'I want to say bye to josh!' Phil begged.
'NO!' I ordered, 'are you stupid, we need to go!'
'Fine,' he groaned, following me.

We reached my house, as she said, she was no where in sight. Within seconds we were running around my room, chucking things into suitcases, trying to take up as little space with each item, we fit a lot more than expected, including my duvet, pillows, books, DVDs, my television which is large, Xbox and laptop into just one suitcase, dispute the face it was a very tight squeeze.
We got our money, and my passport, along with the microwave meals and a few other things to survive off from the fridge, I wrote my mum a note.
- - -

mum,
To you this might seem stupid, but I'm running away, I love you so much, but I can't stick around here, I hate it. Phil and I need to explore the world together, I hope you understand, I will always have my phone with me, so call whenever. I love you, but please don't try to track me, I need to do this, I want to be free. Phil's basically an adult, and I'm not far behind, I'll visit you soon, and you can visit us! I'm sorry, thank you for being an amazing mother all these years, I owe you.

Love, Dan xxx

- - -

The train stop was fairy empty, a few people dotted around, but nobody much.
'This is it.' I whispered, clutching Phil's hands as the train rolled up, over all, we have three suitcases , along with massive rucksacks. We were wearing most of my wardrobe between us, and mainly had some pots, pans, games and other things.
'Duke of Edinburgh.' Phil mumbled, as someone glanced at us. They nodded in reply unsure. I mean it was a good idea, to say that.

The trip on the train took forever, all the stops. It was long hall, but we soon arrived, and found a low class hotel for the night, which still had WiFi service.

'Phil, I found one!' I cried, pointing at the screen. We where looking for a cheap place to rent, 'it's five hundred a month, including water bills, as you had a meter, showing you how much water was left.'
'Get appointment to look at it?' He replied!
'There is one later! We can look at it, if we like it we could move in tomorrow!'
'Yes!' He cried. 'Book it!'
'Booked.