Chapter 5 - He can stay

'Dan...' I heard as my body began to wake up, Phil must need the toilet again.
'Yes.' I smiled, happy to hear his voice.
'I'm scared.' He mumbled. 'Will you- er sleep with me.'
'Sure, why not.' I smiled at the thought, I instantly jumped down, onto the floor and climbed into his bed, he joined me. Although it was meant to be a single bed, we easily fit both of us on there. 'Thanks.' He whispered, kissing my cheek briefly. Making me crave more.
'That's okay.' I replied, wrapping my arm around him protectively as he snugged his head onto my chest. 'Night.'
'Night.'

- - -

'WAKE UP FOR FUCK SAKE, ARE YOU DEAF!' I heard, as my eyes pulled open, Jake was holding a bottle of water ready to chuck on me. 'I'M AWAKE, FUCKING HELL!' I screamed, forgetting Phil was next to me.
'Ow,' he mumbled, giving me a slight glare.
'Why are you sharing beds?' Sam winked at me.

'I was scared of the noises, so I literally begged Dan to sleep with me, I was terrified, and knew you would both refuse, Dan has a weaker spot!' Phil laughed, making me blush slightly. He sounded confident, he didn't mumble. Not once. I moved my hand to grab his from under the bed, giving it a squeeze.
'You can wake me up, I'm your councillor, I'm here for that stuff you know!' Jake spoke, sounding deadly serious. I mean it was true, he was meant to be looking after us, being the equivalent of our parents, but he was only 19, and with Phil being 17 and me being 16, we are all near his age anyways. Sam is 15, but he acts a lot older than his age.

- - -

We sat round the table discussing the plan for today. The parents were coming up, my mum claimed to be arriving soon, according to her text. So I will have a shower before night time, and change now.

- - -

'HEY HONEY!' She cried, wrapping her hands around me, squeezing me tightly, as I stood there. I owed her for taking me here.
'How is it, if you don't like it, you can come home, it's been lonely, I missed you!' She cried.
'It's great, everything's great, I want to come back next year!' I smiled, this place has changed me.
'I'm so glad, I knew you'd like it!' She blabbed on.

Once she finally stopped telling me how much she missed me, I brought her up to my cabin to meet the little group.

'Jake, this is my mum!' I smiled, as Jake walked down the stairs,
'Hey, I'm the councillor, he has been great!' Jake smiled, winking when she looked away, I then introduced her to Sam, and Phil...

'This is my best friend from the camp!' I smiled, as Phil came over from the kitchen. 'He's great, I want to have him over for a week at some point, as he lives like ages away!' I grumbled the last, the thought of being away with him, since I am so close with him now, would be unbearable.
'Hey, I'm Phil,' he smiled, shaking her hand. 'Your son is the best, he's so caring and friendly, seriously, without him, I would have hated this place!' I saw my mum smile.
'Thats great, and- when camp finishes, do you still have a week of summer left?' She asked, I nodded and her face grew wider. 'Is your mother here?' She asked, looking over at Phil.
'Yeah, she's in the front area, I talked to her and she wanted to talk to some camp instructors. I can introduce you?' He spoke. I just loved his confident voice. The thought I made him more confident was the reason I was smiling so much.

- - -

'Mum, this is my friends mum, Dan!' Phil mumbled, as he walked over to a mum within a sea of people. I didn't like the look of her. She looked super judgemental. She sent shivers down my spine, I knew my mum felt the same, but she acted normal. 'Hey, so I want to just meet the mum of the child my child has spent so much time with!' She chimed, the woman looked at her as if she didn't care. As if Phil was nothing to her. 'Yeah. Nice to meet you.' She spoke bluntly. This was my queue to leave, and Phil followed with me swiftly.

'You hate her.' He mumbled, once we were out of hearing distance.
'I don't- hate- HER!' I spoke, with obvious lies in my voice, making me feel guilty.
'I do as well, don't worry, she doesn't care about anything but herself, she calls me bad luck. She used to- hurt me.' He whispered. Making my flinch at the word which sent pains through my body. I felt to protective over this boy.
'Wha- what?' I forced out, stopping in my footsteps and turning back to get a glance of her. She was pointing her finger at my mum, what the fuck? 'I'll be back.' I mumbled, stomping back over to the mothers.

'Oh, hey, er- Daniel.' Phil's mum spoke, giving me a disgusted look.
'Hey.' I smiled, in a bitter sweet way, she could tell I hated her. As much as she hated me.
'So, Phil....' My mum began, 'Phil can stay over for a whole week!' She finished. Making me look at her puzzled, waiting for some sort of explanation. 'His mother, is going to bring some more clothes, and things to here when she's meant to be picking him up, then giving them to us, he will come home with us, stay in our spare room for the week, then we will drive him home, the night before school starts!' She finished.

'REALLY!' I screamed, jumping up and down in joy as I jumped to hug my mum.