Me and You.

Genocide..?

This was it..
This would surely be the end..

A bead of sweat rolled down the girl's face. She walked slow, head hung and knife in hand, barely held on by the tips of her fingers. Her obsidian eyes were glazed over.. another had fallen by her hand. All it took was one hit.. but Mettaton had gotten in a few of his own.. and it made her happy..at least this way, the sins crawling on her back were accompanied by pain.. the one thing she deserved for choosing this twisted world. She stepped into a golden hallway.. her breaths blew shakily past her lips. Her arms trembled with not only the pain of her wounds but her incredible guilt. As she walked, her dull eyes were glued to the floor. She couldn't bare to look up after what she'd done. That is.. until a familiar voice called out to her.

"Heya.. You've been busy..huh?"

Her eyes widened, and shifted up from the ground. Her vision blurred at first, seeing a white and blue blob with a chunk of..red, near the top? Slowly it cleared, and a shaky breath blew past her trembling lips. It was..Sans.. and.. he was wearing Papyrus's scarf..
Her glazed orbs immediately began to blur again, but this time it wasn't because of her wound from Mettaton.. tears welled in her eyes instead and an overwhelming sickness of guilt stung in her chest. She suddenly felt very ill. Her brows furrowed, mostly in anger at herself. Her fingers gripped the knife in her hand, the blade glistening as her hand shook with the trembling of her body. The skeleton's trademark smile was lost.. leaving nothing but a bitter line where it used to be.

"So..I have one question for you."

"S-Sans.. I."
She managed to say, though her voice shook, hitching a bit as tears rolled down her face. "I.. I didn't know what I got into.. I can't go back.. no matter how much I really want to."

"Do you think even the worst person can change..? That everyone can be a good person, if they just try?" Sans murmured. He was looking in her direction, but Frisk could tell his eyes were looking past her. She couldn't find the words to answer his question. "What more can I do..? Here in the end.. it's just me and you.." She breathed again.. it was a helpless question.. but one she deeply hoped the skeleton had an answer to.. but she knew full well mercy would likely be off the table.. she didn't deserve it anyway.

Up until now, Frisk had gained a fear.. the fear of death after that first kill.. the first mistake she'd made that lead each and every event until now.. the fear that formed into her determination to kill.. but each one.. each friend she had once known in that other world.. in that other version. She wanted it back..

And for the first time, Frisk wanted to die. Sans was quiet for a long time, then finally his mouth parted.

"..I've got a better question for ya."

"Do you wanna have a bad time?.."

"'Cause if you take another step forward..."

"You're really not gonna like what happens next.."

Frisk's head lowered enough to where her disheveled bangs covered her eyes. Her hand loosened on the knife and it fell to the ground with a 'clack.' Only then did Sans eyes meet with the girl's face. She bore a sad smile and even though he couldn't see her eyes. He could see the glistening tears as they rolled endlessly down her face, dripping from her quivering chin and onto her blue sweater.

"I never wanted to play by all the rules.." her voice was strained, holding back a sob so she could speak. "And knife in hand.. I was playing out the part of the fool.."
Slowly her head raised. Sans only stared at her, his stoic expression never wavering. Frisk still wore her sad smile as well, only her eyes gazed into his unfamiliar blues.

She took a step forward.
"So.. here we go.. you can judge me throughly.. it's too late for apologies.."

"..Sorry old lady.. this is why I never make promises.." He murmred to himself, hands stuffed in his coat pockets. His head lowered for a moment and he was silent before his gaze moved to one of the giant glowing windows. It looked as if a sun was setting through them, illuminating the room with a beautiful golden hue. "It's a beautiful day outside..birds are singing.. flowers are blooming.. On days like these.. kids like you.."
It was then that Sans blue eyes diappeared. Leaving only black holes for eyes. He turned his face back to Frisk and raised a hand out of his pocket. He raised it high above his head and then thrust it to one of the walls. "Should be burning IN HELL."

Frisk's eyes drew wide when she was suddenly raised off the ground; her body being thrust towards the wall as if something was throwing her at it. Instinctively she braced herself; a shriek escaping her lips as her body crashed into one of the windows, cracking the massive glass before she fell to the floor in a pained slump. Before she had time to react, a sharp.. unimaginable pain ripped through her chest. Her eyes widened and her breathing stopped; her gaze locked on a one eyed Sans who's face was frozen in place; gazing at her with a near crazy stare. His hand was held out towards her.

Something warm trailed down her mouth and weakly her hand moved up to touch it with her fingertips. With blurring vision, she gazed at the pale digits and she exhaled a sob when she realized it was blood.

Only then did she look down to see that the skeleton had impaled her with several bones.

Slowly she looked back up to the man. Her vision blurred again and all she could do was smile sadly..

Then everything went black..

[ Continue? ]

Suddenly a blinding white blasted. Frisk moved her hands to cover her eyes. In one a knife was held tightly in her fingers.

Soon a familiar yellow glow surrounded her and the walls and pillars she'd seen only moments ago came into view. Sans stood there.. at the end of the hall.. he was glaring.

"You look frustrated." Sans called. In truth Frisk was.. confused. What happened? She had just died.. so why? Why was she here again.. why did Sans still have such hatred in his eyes?

Frisk's brows furrowed. "W-What is this?"

"You're not gonna win Frisk.. we'll be here together.. Fighting in this judgement hall forever.."

"Kids like you.. don't play by the rules.."
"I know you'll reset each time I beat' cha..
but I'll always be right back here to meet ya.. so let's go.. dirty brother killer."

Frisk's eyes widened and she could hear her heart beating loudly in her ears.. her palms began to sweat.. and in that moment another tear rolled down her cheek.

Forever..?

| Hello everyone, Kayla here. |
| If you liked the story so far, I'd really appreciate a comment or favorite or like. Just something to let me know how I'm doing. Thanks so much for reading and part two is coming soon. ^ - ^ |