Echoes Of The Past.

Frisk held onto Sans, sobbing and begging him not to leave.. not to die.

The skeleton could only smile at her, sadness in his dim lit eyes. "It'll be okay kid.." He murmured. Each time he spoke, a trail of fresh blood rolled down his chin, dripping onto the fabric of his white shirt and the red scarf he still wore.

"I think I need to just.. relax a bit. Ya'know? T-take..take a load off.." His voice lowered, nearly whispering.

"..I'm..I'm goin' to Grillby's." Frisk looked up at the skeleton, tears still streaming down her face "W-What are you even talking about?!" She shrieked.

"P..Papyrus.."
His voice was soft now, and it took the skeleton a lot of effort to speak. It was clear he was no longer with her. "D-do.. you.. want.. anything?" He whispered, eyes slowly closing as each word left his mouth. His skeletal body slowly slumped forward, and Sans went limp.

Frisk hugged him tighter and as the skeleton began to fade into dust she placed her hands against the red scarf that he'd been wearing; her body trembling uncontrollably as she clutched one of the only things left of Sans and his beloved brother.

With blurred visison, Frisk pulled the scarf to her chest. She hugged it tightly, and shift so she was sitting with her knees to her chest, her face burying into them.. and with a heavy heart,

All she could do was cry.

- - - - - - - - - -

"Hey buddy, what's up?"

"Papyrus told me you were working in Hotland today, so I came by to say Hi." She smiled at the skeleton, her hands behind her back; lacing her fingers together. She wore a sheepish smile.

"That so?" Sans chuckled, wearing his usual toothy grin. Frisk nodded and curiously tried to take a peek over the counter. "Um.. what exactly do you do here?"

"I sell Hotdogs." He said matter-of-factly, giving her a wink. "Want one? It's only 30G."

Frisk blinked, her expression puzzled for a moment, but she slowly nodded. "O-oh sure!" She reached into her pocket and got out 30G, handing it over to the skeleton.

Sans took the money and placed it somewhere behind the counter and then pulled out a hot dog in exchange, holding it out to Frisk.

The girl smiled and opened her pockets to see if she had room to place it for the time being. They were full however.

Sans stared at her, smile still spread across his face. "It looks like you're holding too much." He murmured. Frisk smiled sheepishly. "Oh- yeah..I guess I-"
Her eyes widened.

Sans had leaned forward and placed the hotdog on her head. "Guess I'll just put it on your head." He said, sounding very matter of fact as he had before. Frisk knew better. Sans was teasing her.

So she decided to tease back, naturally. "Hey. Can I get another?" She flashed a knowing smile at him.

Sans was taken off guard, his smile twitching a moment, but he quickly composed himself. "Another Dog? Sure. 30G, please."

Frisk handed him the money and Sans stacked the hotdog on top of the first one.

"Hey Sans, can I get another?"

"Sorry, looks like I'm fresh out of dogs. I'll give you a hot cat instead." He joked, placing it on top of the others; earning a giggle from Frisk. "C-can I have another?" She snickered, tears welling in the corners of her eyes as she tried to hold back laughter.

"Man you really like hot animals don't you?" Sans chuckled, placing another h'dog on her head. "But hey, I'm not judging. Without folks like you, I'd be outta business."