Once Upon Another World.

| Flashback |

Soft petals of snow fluttered, landing on everything and coating it in a soft puffy blanket. Frisk stood outside Grillby's, waiting for Sans. He'd asked her yesterday to meet him here for 'second breakfast' as he liked to call it. So naturally, she awoke pretty early; and well since Snowdin is always covered in snow (go figure) she asked to borrow Papyrus's scarf.

Her skeleton friend of course went off on some rant about how amazing he is and how the human would naturally want to dress like him.. you know. Since he's so great. The memory made Frisk smile, and a small laugh fluttered past her lips and formed into a cloud of white in the air. Her fingers moved up to gently roam over the bright red scarf.

Even though he isn't the smartest or coolest guy around, Papyrus was very sweet.

"Heya, Kid."

Frisk's eyes widened slightly, taken off guard. She turned to see Sans standing at her side, giving a big dorky smile she'd quickly found he wore almost always. "Hungry?" The skeleton asked, hands stuffed into the pockets on his blue coat. "I'm starvin'. It's been at least thirty minutes since I ate last." He joked, giving a wink.

Frisk's smile only grew and she exhaled another soft laugh before she nodded. She was getting a bit hungry. "Nice scarf." Sans chuckled and reached to open the door to Grillby's. "O-oh. Thank you." She murmured. "Papyrus let me borrow it." A light blush arose on her face and she looked away from Sans; giving a sheepish smile. "I know." Sans smirked, gesturing with one of his boney hands for her to enter first.

When the duo made it inside, all the monsters called out to Sans, offering puns and jokes of all sorts. Some merely greeted him. Others commented on the fact that it had literally only been half and hour since he ate.

Where does he put it all?

.. No, seriously. Where?

Slipping into the bar stool, Sans pat the seat beside him. Frisk joined, sitting on her own stool. Grillby stepped over to them with menus and simply placed them down on the counter before moving off to help the other customers. Frisk plucked a menu up and began sifting through it. Sans didn't touch his. "Aren't you going to eat?" Frisk asked, noticing he didn't bother grabbing his menu.

The skeleton snort. "This is my favorite place, kid. I know the menu by heart." Frisk eyes widened and she glanced at the menu again. There had to be hundreds if choices. Grillby's was clearly not your average Joe place. It seemed like he could make pretty much.. anything. "You memorized all of this!?"

Sans snorted again. "Nah, I'm just pullin' your leg. I always get a burger or some fries.. sometimes a hotdog. I don't need to know the menu anymore than that." He flashed his toothy grin again and reached for the ketchup bottle. "I love anything that you get to drown in this stuff."

Frisk's nose scrunched up. "Eew." Sans raised the bottle and a blue ectoplasmic tongue slipped past his mouth. He licked the bottle from the bottom and slowly worked his way up; likely to try and gross out Frisk.

Frisk watched, nose scrunched again and wide eyed; her face twisting with both horror and disgust. "Eeew!!"
Getting the reaction he wanted, the skeleton burst into laughter.

- - - -

Frisk's eyes moved down, gazing at the blade in her hands. ".. Sans. Do you remember when we went to Grillby's..?" She murmured. "The time you licked the ketchup bottle.." A shaky laugh made its way past her lips. "That was so gross..but I was so happy.. being there with you." She wondered if this Sans had any idea what she was talking about.. all the other monsters had seemed to not even know who she was.. but maybe that was for the best.. so maybe all this Sans knew her as.. was the monster he saw standing before him.