In The Next World.

Here he was again, standing at his own end of the hallway. She stood at the other. How many times had they fought now? How many times had she died?

Sans exhaled a soft sound and Chara ceased her advance towards him; taken off guard by his sudden behavior. He'd laughed.. "What's so funny?" She snarled at first, but quickly composed herself, flashing him another cheeky grin. It bothered her that even after taunting him so much, the skeleton could still somehow manage a laugh. She tried her best to keep her composure however; not wanting to show him any form of weakness.

Sans's mouth turned at the corners slightly, giving him a smaller, more sinister version of the smile he always seemed to wear. Sweat rolled down his skull, and although he was tired the skeleton shift slightly, readying himself again for a fight. "You look frustrated. Thats the expression.. of someone who's died eleven times in a row. I won't be able to count very well from here on out.. so i need you to help me out okay? We'll.. start from twelve." He chuckled.

Chara's eyes narrowed and her body stiffened; annoyed with the skeleton. "Go ahead. Kill me again. I see you're able." Her hand tightened around the knife tight enough that her fist shook lightly. "But inside, you know the end can't be evaded." Raising the knife in her hand she poined it at Sans. "I can tell you're really tired of the fighting.."

In truth, Sans wasn't sure how his body continued moving.. how he could muster up the strength to fight her as many times as he had. Hell.. even now his legs wanted nothing more than to give out.. his very soul was shaky; threatening to give up..

but it refused.

"I even come back after dying." Chara cooed, her expression shifting as she thrust herself towards the worn skeleton. Her eyes drew wide, psychotic even. A smile spread un-naturally wide across her face and Sans saw a flash of light; likely from the blade of the knife.

Instantly his body moved, kicking himself back in attempt to dodge the blade.

One of his hands thrust out towards her as it had so many times before, and several bones flung towards her. Chara dodged them however, managing to move around them with a mere scratch on her shoulder. Then as she had before, the girl lept towards Sans, slashing her knife at unimaginable speeds through the air.

Sans could barely manage to keep up with her speed, dodging what he felt like was slower and slower each time. He even tore his jacket off in a panic when a loud rip sounded through the hall, sending him into a panic when she cut a massive hole in it.

Too close..

Panting deeply, they both stood at their ends of the hall, gazing at eachother with a single eye. Sans's bright blue orb gazing into her hatred filled crimson eye.

"Frisk.. " He murmured.

Chara's brows furrowed and she was silent for a long moment before her lips curved at the corners again, giving her another one of her infamous twisted smiles. "You idiot..when are you going to learn tha-"

Something warm rolled down her face, and then fell onto her hand. Her eyes widened slightly and she raised the hand to her cheek, wiping her fingers along it. "W-wh.."

A tear..

She was crying..

Sans's expression shifted slightly, his eyes softening as he watched a few more roll down her face and drip off her chin. Chara's brows furrowed however and she wiped desperately at them. "What is this..?" She hissed, her voice hitching, unable to control it as a sob escaped her lips.

"St-Stop crying.." She breathed, desperately fighting back the sounds as she demands Frisk'so soul to cooperate.

"Frisk, come back to me buddy.." Sans murmured, offering a weak smile to the monster before him. Chara placed her hands on her head, her hands grasping at her short hair. "SHUT UP." She screamed, shaking her head.

The skeleton moved slowly, inching towards Chara. His right hand reached out towards her and he tried agian, calling out to his friend. "Frisk.."

Chara had placed her hands over her face, knife still held tightly in her hand. Her shoulders shook and tears fell through her fingers, dripping onto the blue striped sweater that didn't belong to her..

"Stop it! Frisk stop it!" Chara shrieked.

When Sans finally approached her, he placed a hand on her shoulder, just as he had before. This time however, when he spoke; it was genuine. "Frisk.. I remember everything.. all the times we shared, all the fun we had."

"I want it back too.. I want this world to be reset.. and then i want it to stay like that.. come on pal.. we gotta fix it. Whadd'ya say? Me and you.." A smile crossed his expression, although tired and weak.. it too was genuine.

Without a word, the girl pressed herself into Sans.

He instinctively wrapped his arms around her. He pressed his face against her soft hair..

"What an idot.." Came a soft whisper.

...

A thin trail of blood rolled down the corner of his jaw.

= )

Vision blurring, the skeleton lowered his arms down to his sides. The girl took a step back, her eyes coming upon Sans. A deep cut ran through his body, starting from his right shoulder down to his left hip. Blood soaked through his white shirt, and a bit of it was on his mouth; staining his ivory bones with a deep red. His eyes were sorrowful, and at the corners of each of them tears welled up, his right spilling over. "F-Frisk..."

Eyes widening, the girl gasped inwardly..

The knife, now bloodied, fell to the floor with a 'clack.'

"S-.."

"S-SAAAAAAAAAAANS!"

The girl shrieked, throwing herself at him and wrapping her arms desperately around his torso.

Sans slumped to the floor, on his knees; held up now only by Frisk. "SANS NO! NO! PLEASE!" Her voice was hitched, shrieking in panic as blood covered the front of both of them, soaking through her sweater and leaving a deep stain. "SANS PLEASE." She choked on a sob. Tears instantly began rolling down her face again and as if it were going to keep him alive somehow she desperately clung to the skeleton. Sans's eyes had gone dim, but he weakly raised his arms; wrapping them loosely around the girl.

"...I guess that's it.." He murmured, exhaling a faint half-hearted breath of a laugh. 

Frisk shook her head, practically screaming at him. "NO! STOP THAT! YOU SAID.. YOU SAID." She choked on more of her sobs, trying to find the words. "YOU SAID YOU WOULDNT LEAVE MY SIDE." 

"YOU SAID WE WOULD FIGURE THIS OUT."

Sans's arms tightened slightly around the girl, pulling her closer to him. He again, buried his face in her hair on the top of her head. "I love you.."

Frisk's eyes widened, inwardly gasping again before she fell silent. Tears rolled down her face and the only sound was her soft sobs as she held onto him; her body trembling.

"I remember everything..even being too afraid to tell you that. Heh." He murmured into her hair. "So, kid.. take that.. and do the right thing.." His voice lowered to a whisper. "I know you can do it.."

"And..I'll be waiting for you.. in the next world.."