A Memory.

| Music is just for atmospheric background |
                                  Enjoy

Sans stared down at the girl, knowing full well he likely wouldn't get an answer from her. He shook his skull, attempting to rid himself of the image. It was probably some trick.

Frisk's hand squeezed around the knife and with a practically dead gaze she raised the blade, preparing to strike. Sans knew this would be it.. he was too exhausted to continue. "Wait." He murmured trying a different approach this time.. maybe he could buy him some recovery time.

To his surprise, Frisk did what he asked and froze in place, her foggy eyes locked on anywhere but his face. "Listen.." He beagn, his voice low and much softer than it had been before. "Somewhere in there.. I can feel it.. there's a glimmer of a good person inside you. The memory of someone.. who once wanted to do the right thing.. someone who.." He paused, finding it difficult to say the next words.
"In another time.. may have been.. a friend. Come on buddy.. You remember me."

Frisk began to tremble, and her eyes shifted up to meet the skeleton's face. Tears again peaked the corners and then streamed down her reddening face. Had he remembered?

The knife slipped through her weak fingers and fell to the ground with a clank, her palms moving up to cover her face as whimpers and sobs erupted from her throat. "I'm sorry! Sans I'm so sorry!"

The skeleton exhaled a breath, his eyes locked on her. "Ah.. I know how hard it must be.. to make that choice.. to go back on everything you worked up to." He muttered. "I want you to know, I won't let it go to waste.."

He shifted slightly towards the girl, his right skeletal hand moving out shakily to rest on her shoulder. "C'mere.. pal." He could barely keep his composure as he touched her. Every bone of his body was screaming no..
Frisk suddenly wrapped her arms around him, burying herself into the skeleton's chest. Loud sobs echoing in the golden hall.

Slowly his arms moved around her, returning the hug. That's when.. it happened.

"Hey. Is that any way to greet a new pal? Turn around and shake my hand."

"I'm not too big on capturing anyone.. but my brother..haha."

"My brother has never seen a human before."

"Wanna get a bite at Grillby's?"

"This telescope is usually pretty expensive to use.. but since it's your first time, I'll let ya have a look."

"Pap thinks Jr. Jumble is harder, but I think that stuff is for baby bones. What do you think Frisk?"

"Nice scarf."

"Want some ketchup?"

||insert ketchup licking scene||
"Hahaha! You're too easy."

"You fell asleep snuggled into my side. It was.. cute."

"Things have been different since you came here.. ya know? Papyrus has a friend.. and I.. well.. yeah.."

"I know you probably miss it up there.. in the human world.. but.. I know it's selfish.. I just.. I hope you never leave."

Sans wide eyes began to fill until they spilled over with tears. He..remembered it..
He remembered everything.

Meeting Frisk, Papyrus's puzzles, going to Grillby's, Snowball fights, laughing together, eating together, sleeping on the couch together, taking Frisk to see the echo flowers and everything in between and after.. he remembered it all.

It was then a sob ripped through the skeleton's own chest. "Why.." He breathed, barely able to speak.

Frisk sobbed even harder, clinging onto the skeleton's jacket and the scarf that hung from his neck. "I'm so sorry Sans.. I'm so sorry. I don't know what came over me. I don't know why I did this horrible thing.." She cried out, unable to hold back her crying. "I wasn't myself.. and I know it's no excuse." She buried her face into him more. " I hurt you so badly. I hurt everyone.. and no matter how much I want to I can't take it back." She whimpered. "But I can change it. I can't leave the world like this.. I just can't."

Sans listened to her quietly for a long time. After seeing the things he had.. remembering all the times he had with Frisk.. Papyrus, Undyne, MTT, and everyone else.. he.. believed her. He didn't know why.. but he felt like If this was the same person he knew.. the Frisk he.. loved..then he knew there was no way.. she'd do this of her own free will.

"Frisk.." Sans murmured, his arms tightening around her smaller frame. "I don't know why.. this happened." He murmured. "But if you're really her.. the Frisk I knew. Show me.. show me I can trust you and I won't leave your side until we figure this thing out.."

Frisk's grip only tightened on the skeleton and another sob echoed in the golden room. "If its really you.. I won't abandon you." The skeleton murmured, bringing one of his skeletal hands to her head. His boney fingers brushed a bit of her hair back and for the first time in this world.. Sans felt content.

"Let's fix this.."