Monster.

Sobbing, Frisk held onto the skeleton. Her face buried into his white shirt. She couldn't believe it.. that he was even allowing her to be this close after everything she'd done.. after all the people she killed.

Sans only held her, his skeletal chin resting lightly against the top of her head. His boney hands had moved around her again and held her back, pressing her smaller frame against him. "It's.. everything is going to be okay now." He murmured, his voice was still low and husky. Again he realized how tired he was. The fight had taken quite a lot out of him.

"Sans..I." She cut herself off abruptly. The girls body had been trembling up until this point, but she suddenly stopped. Sans's eyesockets narrowed slightly. "Yeah..kid?"

The girls grip tightened on him, but she said nothing. Something felt.. wrong. That's when she shook again.. but this time it felt different.. small shakes slowly getting more frequent.. her shoulders shook and then she began to laugh.

The knife she had been using up until this point was lying basically at their feet.

Sans grip tightened, practically smashing her against his body. The girl only laughed harder, her own grip on him tightening to an uncomfortable sqeeze.

"Did you figure it out?" The girl's voice was different than before. It was low, and slithered off her tongue like a snake. "You fell for it..and now you're going to die." She purred.

Sans shook his head. "I didn't fall for anything." His grip tightened even more, and the girls laugh ceased. She pulled her face off of his chest and gazed up at the skeleton.

Her eyes were red, and she wore a sick smile although her brows were locked in an angered expression. "Just what is that supposed to mean..?" She spat. "You're standing here hugging me like an enormous idiot. Thinking I'm your friend. How pathetic."

Sans only smirked. "You're not my friend. But my friend is in there with you. You've been manipulating her.. haven't you?"

Chara's smile twitched. "Maybe. Maybe not."

Sans shook his head. "You're bad at lying, kid."

Chara burst out laughing. "You're right. I used Frisk. Isn't it wonderful? I just love the feelings she gets as she watches all her friends die. Yours was by far the best though. I haven't even killed you yet. I just let her feel everything. Carry the burden of our sins.~" She cooed.

"Your sins."

Chara's brows furrowed again. "She's just as guilty. Being manipulated so easily.. what an idiot.."

Sans only stared at the girl. Slowly a beam of blue light began to form under them. And little orbs of blue danced around the duo.

Chara's brows lowered again and she began trying to push herself away from the skeleton. Sans only held her tighter and the beam of light grew. His eyes had disappeared, leaving only black holes for eyes in the skeletal sockets.

"Let go.." She hissed.
Sans didnt.
"LET GO. LET GO. LET GO. LET-GUH.."

A loud crack sounded through the golden room, and blood splattered to the floor.
the girls arms instantly went limp, as well as her body against the skeleton. A giant bone stick through the floor and up through her body, empaling her there.

Sans still held the girl in his arms, his unseen gaze staring past her and down the long hallway. "Get.. dunked on."

Only when the body began to fade away did the skeleton lower his arms. His head lowered as well and a single tear rolled down his cheekbone. "I'm sorry Frisk.."

He knew there was no other way to escape that situation.. now that he knew this thing was in there but also his friend.. he felt guilty for killing her.. but he had no choice.

"Let's figure this out.." He murmured allowed, hoping that some way.. some how his friend could still hear him.

The door kicked open at the end of the hallway.

"Come on Sansy boy.. I got bigger fish to fry." The girl called out, giving a chuckle and a shrug. "If you wanna play though.. I suppose I'm not opposed to it for a little while. I was getting a little bored that Frisk wouldn't attack you seriously."

Chara stuck her tongue out, closing one of her eyes and giving the skeleton a cheeky grin. "What did the skeleton say when Chara came to play?"

Sans was silent, his hands moving to sling into his pockets again.

"I'm boned. BUH DUM TSS." She burst into laughter.

Of course, the skeleton didn't laugh.

"Oh? What's wrong Sansy? Not in the mood for jokes?"

Sans again was silent at first, but he raised his head to look at the girl. His eye burned brighter blue than it ever had before..

"Shut the fuck up."

Chara exhaled, something along the lines of a choked laugh, holding it back as she stepped closer to the skeleton; readying her blade.

"Well. Here we are again, just me and you now comedian, right? You better be prepared." She cooed. "Your last hour strikes."