A Little Sick?

Silver's POV

I woke up early, trying to get back at Shadow. He had fallen asleep in his office. I walked in, but his ears twitched.

"Yeah...got the coffee maker..." He said. I started laughing at that, but I realized...should I be doing this to him even though he only gets two hours of sleep? Nah, I'm totally doing it!

I wrote something on a piece of paper, then placed a tripwire at the door with a skateboard at the door. Then a surprise at the end...hehehe.

Shadow's POV

I stretched and yawned. I looked down at my desk, but found a note reading that Silver had gone out. What? Why so early?! I grabbed my jacket and ran to the door. Suddenly I tripped with something, fallen stomach first on a skateboard? I leaned forward, and the skateboard rolled down the stairs. "Whoa! What the-argh!" My face was splattered with a pie.

The skateboard stopped and I heard laughing. I knew exactly who it was.

"Haha... Very funny Silver." I said getting up and wiping some pie from my eyes.

"I'm sorry...its just t-to funny!" He laughed.

"Well guess who's not getting breakfast." I told him. He stopped laughing.

"No I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, but please don't leave me starving!" He pulled my arm. I laughed.
。。。。。。。。。
。。。。。。。。。。。。。。。

Shadow's POV((still))

As I ate my breakfast I noticed Silver had only eaten a little. I took a sip of orange juice and wiped my mouth. "Silver..." He jumped a little.

"Yes?" He asked closing his eyes and drifting to one side.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said groaning afterward.

"You've barely touched your food and said y- Silver!" I ran over to his side before he fell of the chair. He groaned. "Silver you're burning up."

"I'm freezing..." He said cuddling to me.

"Let me get you temperature stay here." I sat him up on his chair. After getting the thermometer, I took his temperature. "Whoa! Silver you've got a fever. Look at this 103.2F." I told him.

"N-No I can't be sick... I'm gonna be absent for work and-"

"Hey, calm down. There's nothing to worry about." Since him and had been working on this case, he's been working with me to crack it. "You need to rest." I put an arm around him and helped him up to his room. I laid him there in the blanket.

"Shadow I don't want to be alone." He said gripping my arm.

"You won't be alone, I'm going to get you some warm chicken noodle soup." I said and petted his forehead. He purred. "Okay I'll go get it now."

I walked out of the room and got some canned soup and poured it in a round little bowl. While it was warming up, I made some toast and cut some oranges; placing them on a small plate. And poured him some apple juice. When everything was ready, I put it on a tray and carried it upstairs. Silver was shivering in the blankets.

"Hey bud." I said placing the tray on the bed. "Are you feeling any better?" Asked him. He shook his head. "Here, I brought you soup." I said taking a spoonful and blowing on it. He opened his mouth, and I put the spoon in his mouth. I heard him swallow.

"Here, you need vitamin C." I handed him the apple juice. He took a sip and gave it back to me. I gave him another spoonful.

"Thank you." He said before laying his head back in the pillow.

"Silver you have to eat it all. Hot liquids are the best for the fever." I told him. He put the blanket over his mouth. "Silver please, don't make me force you to it." I told him.

"B-But I don't w-want anymore." He said.

"At least eat two more spoons." I told him. "Please."

"Okay." He said opening his mouth. I gave him two more spoon and some apple juice. He took a couple of bites of his toast. Then he fell asleep. I picked up the stuff and took it to the kitchen. After that I went into my office. I put a radio in his room, so if he needed anything, I'd here it through the radio on my waist.

I started filling documents and files up with information. After that I went over to the desk by the window and started hanging pictures along a billboard. Hm... Who could this be? I started comparing the photos. "I think I got it."

"Shadow..." I heard Silver groan. I picked up the radio.

"Shadow's here." I told him.

"Can you get me some orange juice?" He asked.

"Citrus coming your way." I told him, I got it form the fridge and up to him. His muzzle was red and so were his ears, his nose had a hint of red. "Here." He sat up and took a sip. I put a hand over his forehead. "You're still pretty warm." I said. He sniffled.

"Can I have a kiss?" He asked. I put my hands on the sides of his muzzle.

"No." I told him.

"Why?"He asked sniffling.

"You are sick."

"Im not." He sniffled again.

"Yes, you are." I told him.

"I hate you..."

"I love you too." I said before getting up.

"Wait Shadow." I looked back at him. "Can you draw me a picture?" He asked. I smiled.

"Sure thing. Of what?" I asked him.

"Surprise me." He said giving a weak smile before falling to his pillow. I went over to my office and sat at the third desk moving the documents out of the way. I grabbed my sketch pad and a pencil. Soon enough I started moving the pencil over the paper.

Silver's POV

I looked at my alarm clock, 1:38am. I tried going back to sleep but couldn't. I heard noises coming from Shadow's office. I put the blanket over me like a coat. I walked over to the door and reached for the door knob. Then an alarm went off. I gasped and jumped back on my bed. The door soon opened, and I pretended to be asleep with my back to the door. My eyes were still opened.

I heard Shadow sigh and walk over to me. "He's okay." He said before I felt his hand pet my quills. "I swear I heard something." He whispered. "Better not be those damn raccoons!" He said quietly. I heard what seemed a gun being loaded. My eyes widen