Are We Lost?

Narrator's POV

"Ready?"

"Yup!" Smiled Silver as he took Shadow by the hand as they started their way up a hike trail. The two hedgehogs loved hiking and outdoor activities, it didn't matter weather it was biking, white water rafting or canoeing, they loved all outdoor activities.

Shadow always made sure Silver was safe during their trips, he carried a first aid kit, sun screen, extra batteries and flashlights...just in case.

He rubbed some on Silver's nose, "There you go." He said. Silver giggled and gave Shadow a kiss on the cheek.

They made their way through rocky paths (that caused a couple of twisted ankles), water rapids, bushes(not to mention poison ivy), and many other obstacles.

Shadow easily climbed over large rocks that blocked the way, and Silver would always be assisted or in need of extra help.

"Um, are we lost?"

"Let me see where we are..." Shadow said taking out a map. "Let's see we need to take a turn on Cascade Trail or is it Soaring Eagle Pass? No, maybe it was Bear Claw Pass... Hmm, let's see..."

"No, I can't be lost! I don't wanna be lost! I need to get unlost!" Silver started running around and looking for a different path, he ran into bushes and out of them. Leaves and sticks fell from his quills

"Whoa Silver, calm down..." Silver was breathing heavily. "What do you do when you get lost?"

"Um, stay put and wait till your friends find you?"

"Well..." Shadow asked looking at him and smiling. Silver smiled.

"I'm not lost." He said taking Shadow's hand.

"Look, The Blazing Trail mark, it's this way." Shadow said finding their way out of the bushes.

They climbed a large rock mount and made it to the top. There was the Great Lake surrounded by a beach and trees. It was such a beautiful view. Two hills lined up with the sun between them, the lake glittered with the sun's rays. It was like perfect lake scenery.

The air was fresh and pleasant smelling. Shadow sat down on the large rock at the top, Silver next to him. Shadow noticed Silver's fur was ruffled around his bicep area. Shadow looked at Silver.

"Bug bite..." He blushed. Shadow took out the small first aid kit and took some irritation cream out.

"Here." Shadow put some on his hands. Silver stretched his arms for Shadow to reach, soon the cream was applied to his bite. "Should be better in a couple of minutes."

"Thanks." Silver kissed Shadow's cheek. Shadow handed Silver the water jug. Silver took a long sip, then Shadow went next. They shared some fresh fruits they packed in their cooler.

Silver took a picture with his phone, that's when he stated playing the song "I'm Yours" by Jason Mars. Shadow closed his eyes and smiled, leaning back on the rock.

They played a quick game of truth or dare. Then they set their tent up, which ended up like it had just been taken out of the packet. They ended up just deciding to sleep under the stars, they told campfire stories and Silver took his ukulele out, he taught Shadow a few notes and sang some songs. The two finally fell asleep peacefully under the stars...

Silver's POV

I awoke to the noise of birds singing. The sun had just began to rise in between the mountains. I noticed Shadow was gone. I got up and looked around, he was gone. I walked down the rock mount to look around for him. I stopped once I saw movements in the lake. I hid behind a tree and looked at the lake.

There he was, bathing. There was a bit of morning fog around the lake, except where Shadow was bathing. Everything from his waist and down was covered by the water level. His muscular arms would flex when he'd splash water on his body. I bit my lip as I watched the water run down his body.

Then he looked my way, I quickly ran back to the camp and laid back down. I heard him coming up the mount a couple of minutes later, that's when I pretended to have just woken up.

"Morning Silver." He said.

"Morning." I greeted him with a tired voice. "Where'd you go?"

"Just taking a bath in the lake." He stated. "That water's warm. That must of caused all the steam around the edge of the lake." He explained.

"Oh, that's cool." I said rubbing my eyes.

Later that morning, we cooked some eggs and sausage. Then we packed everything. "Ready to go?" He asked.

"Mhm." I nodded. We started our way down the mount. We got "lost" a couple more times, then finally found our way to the main site. Then we entered the gift shop. There Shadow bought me a shirt, but it was XXL, it was the only size they had left.

He said I looked sexy with it on, since it kinda looked like a nightgown for me. I blushed at the comment, but laughed. Then bought himself a pair of sunglasses. Then I begged him for a stuffed bear, with a sigh he finally bought me the $20 bear.

So now I have a cute stuffed bear and a "I Saw the Great Lake" shirt. He managed to find our vehicle after an hour or so, an old Jeep Renegade 1967 Edition(only like the coolest car ever). He had fixed up in the shop he had at home. That's where his bike is sitting at now. I'm sure her tires are flat and the mice have chewed the cables, the battery is probably dead too.

He had taken the roof off and made it doorless, which scared the crap out of me every time we were driving down the road. The good thing it had, were the strong seat belts. He checked us out at the main lounge and we were on the road again.

A great opportunity to use his new sunglasses. The bad thing about a roofless car is that Shadow gets burned easily and hot really fast; black fur and heat do not mix. He always has to have a cool drink by his side and wear sunscreen.

Last time we went camping in New Mexico, he had a heat stroke and we were air flown to the hospital. He healed faster than other people do to his chaos energy.

I would drive a while to give him a break, but I didn't have my driver's license yet.

Well, we made it back home by midnight. We decided to leave to the jeep parked by the garden, and left our stuff there. We headed straight to bed.