Real or Fake

[Edited October 19, 2019]

(Levi's pov) 

When Levi stepped into the incredibly modern apartment, he was slapped in the face with the incredibly strong smell of liquor.  He ventured into the apartment cautiously, eyes scrutinizing the state of the place. It was awful, but it certainly wasn't up to his standards- his nose quickly caught the traces of dust in the air. Grimacing, Levi stepped further into the living room of the apartment, his eyes settling upon the girl who was sprawled out on the couch. He opened his mouth to say something, only to be interrupted by the sound of glass shattering. Jumping at the sudden noise, he lurched over towards the couch, where the girl continued to sleep, completely unbothered by the commotion. 
Levi peered at the girl, eyes following her hand, until he found himself looking at the shards of glass that were now scattered across the wood floor. 
He sighed, ignoring the smell, and stalked into the kitchen, rummaging around until he found a broom, grumbling to himself as he quickly swept the glass into the pan. 

The girl on the couch stirred slightly, mumbling in her asleep about something that sounded suspiciously like 'chicken'.  Levi sighed, returning to the kitchen as he dumped the glass into the trash can.Shuffling back into the living room, he put his hand against her forehead, feeling the heat seep into his cool fingers. He sighed, casting a glance towards the television, before turning back to the drooling woman on the couch.

"(Y/N)... " He sighed, gently working his arms beneath her, before lifting her up in his arms. 
She was only about 5'2, but it still made him feel much better- after all, almost everyone around him was taller. Her sweat soaked clothes stuck against his cool skin, causing his mouth to twist into a grimace. However, he didn't complain, he simply cradled her in his arms and began to walk towards her room. Her (E/C) eyes crack open a smidgen, staring at him as her breaths became shallow. "Are you robbing me?" Her raspy voice brought his eyes to hers, a small smile pulling at the corners of his mouth. "No. I'm helping you, dumbass." Although his words could be seen as harsh, kindness could be heard of you listened hard enough.  "Mm." Was all she responded with as she fell asleep, her shallow breaths becoming deeper. He laid her down on the bed, removing her shoes, tugging off her pants, and finally managing to wrestle off her shirt. He sighed heavily, running a hand through his hair as he stared at the sweat soaked clothes.
Why am I doing this?
He closed his eyes and thought back to when they were at the café.
He remembered the disgust and hurt that flashed through her eyes as he said what he said.
He knew his fuel behind this act of kindness was just a guilty conscience, but he was doing it nonetheless. He took off his own button down shirt and put it on her, buttoning the buttons back up and then putting her limp body under the cold sheets. He then left the room, going back into the living room where he turned the TV off, and cleaned up the empty Gin bottle and remaining glass. He shook his head, going back out to his car and retrieving the wedding dress Hanji had him choose, before bringing it back upstairs.
Sure, he looked out of context in black slacks and a white t-shirt, but he didn't really mind.
He went back upstairs, hanging the dress in her closet. He stared at her sleeping form, realizing he was developing feelings for her.
He couldn't.
He pushed them down, determined to keep them locked up and out of reach.
A loveless marriage.
It's what he agreed to.
He would get nothing less.
And as he turned the lights off and closed the door, he stared at the apartment key her father gave to him, and made a decision.
That from now on, he would be as cold and shut off from (Y/N) as possible.