Saving Angels

[Edited October 19, 2019] 

You sir at the reception, watching friends, family, and people you didn't even know as they danced and enjoyed themselves. You sigh again. 

"What's up (Y/N)?"
The familiar quiet, smooth voice made you sit up just a little straighter.
"Hey Mikasa."
Your voice was strained as you attempted to keep your mask on. But at the sight of such a close friend, you could feel tears welling up in your eyes."Shh... I'm here..." Mikasa said gently, sitting next to you and wrapping you in a vanilla scented hug. "It's okay, Jean explained what's going on when we got the invite." She says quietly, stroking your hair in an attempt to soothe you as you cry silently.
Great.
Now, not only are you hungover and paying for it, but your also a sniffling mess in front of one of your closest friends.
She pulled away, using her thumbs to wipe away the tears as she held your cheeks firmly. "We'll get through this i promise."She said, a determined look in her smoky grey eyes as she stood, tugging on your arm. "C'mon (nickname), let's fix your makeup."

Roughly fifteen minutes later, you were back in your seat, watching Jean and Mikasa dance with a stupid grin on you face. But it soon faded as you heard someone sit by you, bringing their lips close to your ear. "Don't tense up like you did at the reception."

Your eyes immediately narrowed, your lips pressing together as you let out a breathy, strained laugh. "Oh I wouldn't dream of it. After all, I can't let anyone know what a lying fraud you are, right?" You coo back, your face twisting into a malicious smile as you watched him.
He kept his cold, grey eyes on you.
"Yes."
You roll your eyes, your jaw clenching as you contemplate how long it would take to strangle him.
"I'd like to get the promotion and company ties that marrying you will give me."
Your teeth gnashed together, eyes narrowing yet again as you turned away from him, goosebumps spreading across your skin. 
Im just a marriage contract. 

You felt a cold hand grip your jaw, making you face him yet again. "Do not mess this up for me."
You narrow your eyes, pushing him away form you as you stand abruptly. "Seeing how you act, you'll mess this up on your own." You hiss, making your facial muscles deceive everyone else, while your heart felt like it was being ripped into shreds.

Excusing yourself, you walk outside and sit down at a bench, massaging your temples.
"Are you alright?" A smooth, low, modulated voice came from a figure approaching.
You steel your nerves, looking up to see the blonde man who was at the bar with Levi previously.
"Uh... Yes. Yes I'm alright." You bluff, standing abruptly as you hold the tall mans gaze.
He smiled, revealing beautiful, straight white teeth. "Please, sit. I felt that I needed a moment of fresh air as well." He paused, peering at you from under his lashes.
"... But I'm not holding you here, you can leave." He said, his voice rumbling from his broad chest as a knowing smile rested on his lips. Your eyes widened, as your frayed emotions felt like they were going crazy inside you, bouncing around your heart. "Uh- no no, of course." You force a laugh, sitting down as you held the vibrant gaze of the other man.
"Your name- it's Erwin Smith, yes?"

You finally mustered the courage to ask, your voice breathless as his smile became genuine.
"I'm glad you remembered." He sat next to you, leaning his elbows on his knees as he turned his head back to gaze at you. A smile tugs at the corners of your mouth. "Of course, you were my customer after all." You chuckled, remembering with a twinge of sadness the situation you were in.

"I'm sorry." Your eyes widen as you whip around to look at him. "Pardon?" A sad smile graced his lips as his cobalt blue eyes peered at you knowingly.
"I know Levi's actions behind this marriage." He turned, placing a gentle, warm hand on your shoulder.
"Please be good to him."
----------------------------------------------
(Quick question, besides Levi, who is your favourite character from the list below?)
• Eren
• Erwin
• Bertholdt
( it's a small list, but it has meaning I promise)