Bottoms Up

You froze for a moment, your hand clutching the glass in front of you. His teal eyes glimmered, a grin spreading across his face as he started heading your way. "(Y/n)!" Eren's voice rang out, his hand raised up to get your attention.

"Ohh~ it's like that, is it Jaeger?" Reiner asked mischievously, his eyes glittering as Eren made his way up to the table. "I don't know what you're talking about." Eren said jokingly, pulling up a chair and settling in beside you. "Hey now, you're after a married woman," Jean teased, taking a swig from his beer. Mikasa swatted his arm, hiding her grin behind her glass of vodka. "Don't just reveal his motives like that," She laughed, taking a sip as Reiner and Jean cackled together. "Hey, hey! Mikasa, you're not supposed to make fun of me too!" Eren cried, the smile still on his face despite his words. You took a sip from your drink as Eren slung his arm around your shoulders, peering into your face. "You don't think that, right?" He asked, ignoring Reiner's catcalls. "Aww, don't be so mean Jaeger! I'm just as cute as (y/n). Look at me~" He teased, batting his eyes and making kissing noises at Eren as Bertholdt made retching noises. "Ew, man. Are you trying to make me leave?" Eren said, chuckling as he settled back into his seat. Reiner feigned tears, dramatically burying his face in Bertholdt's shoulder as Jean howled with laughter. "Aah! That's it! You're gonna have a lawsuit on your hands!" Bertholdt yelped, his face dripping with sweat as he desperately tried to escape Reiner's grip. Jean cackled, slapping Eren's shoulder as he tried to catch his breath. "I swear, your friends never fail to make me laugh." He wheezed, his face bright red. Mikasa watched the scene unfold, a loving expression on her face as she watched Jean cackle like a villain. Eren shook his head, seemingly right at home with the whole situation.

You took another sip from your drink, casting Eren a glance as he continued to laugh at Reiner's antics. He seemed to have forgotten, but you were hyper aware of his arm that rested on your shoulders.

Reiner pretended to wipe his nonexistent tears, ignoring Bertholdt as he dramatically dusted off his shoulder. "I see you're making a move, Jaeger. You're not deterred by married women?" Reiner asked, his troublemaking grin back on his face as he reached for his beer. Mikasa raised an eyebrow setting her glass down as she leaned her elbows against the table. "From my experience with Eren, I can tell you that there isn't a whole lot that deters him, Reiner." She said, an amused smile on her face as Jean bobbed his head in agreement. "I mean, we're talking about the same kid who chased Connie to the school parking lot for taking his Coke." Bertholdt added, causing you to snicker. "Im sorry, why did this happen?" You ask, polishing off the rest of your drink before placing the empty glass on the table.

"Easy," A voice said behind you, causing you, Eren and Jean to turn around, revealing a shorter man with a buzz cut. "Eren owed me a dollar and fifty cents, but he bought a coke instead, so I snatched it." The man said, giving Reiner a high five as Eren stood up to give him a hug. "Hey, Connie!" He said, a grin on his face. "That's not the whole story, but I'll let it go for now. How are things doing?" Eren asked, plopping himself back into his chair, but keeping his hands to himself this time.

"Things're going good, buddy boy." Connie snickered, slapping Reiner on the shoulder as he handed Eren a beer. "Business is going good, no complaints there. Just got a new dog, too." He said, grinning as Reiner gave him a congratulatory fist bump. "How's Sasha doing?" Mikasa piped up, setting her empty glass down as she watched Connie's eyes light up. "Oh she's doing great! She's about to graduate from culinary school and she already has a job lined up." He said, pride in his voice.

You listened to them talk half-heartedly, feeling a little sad as you watched them. Would Levi ever look like that when talking about you? You sighed, flagging down the waitress again as you slipped back into your thoughts. You never really thought about marriage, but you always thought that if you ever did marry someone, you'd marry your best friend. Someone who would encourage you as you tried new things, someone who would help you up when you fell.