XI

Sighing a heavy, stressed sigh, Kyle groggily makes his way up the bus steps. Placing his hand over his mouth, he yawns and makes his way to the back of the bus. Nobody was staring at him, but as he walked by, he heard harsh whispers between the teenagers of South Park High School.

Curiosity dripped off of Kyle like a popsicle in 90 degree weather, so instead of making his way to the way back of the bus, he sat in an empty seat next to Butters. He was amongst the people gossiping, and Kyle felt Butters was the easiest to talk to.

The bus began to move forward to the next stop. Glancing around the bus, Kyle noticed that everyone was staring at their phones. It's not like that was out of the ordinary. Since... everyone is always on their phones. What really caught his eye was that everyone was whispering to each other and pointing at each other's phone screens.

"Hey Kyle, did you see what Stan posted?"

Kyle looked over at Butters. "No? Why do I care?"

Truth be told, Kyle did care. A lot. A dreadful feeling snaked it's way down his spine as he wondered what Stan could have possibly posted. There was a high chance it was about him.

"Well, he posted something really weird on Instagram. Take a look!" Butters spoke enthusiastically, practically shoving his phone into Kyle's hands.

Kyle hesitantly looked down at the phone, praying that Butters didn't notice his seconds hesitation.

Kyle's eyes were greeted with a picture of a box of three piece chicken tenders in front of Stan's front door. His stomach instantly dropped.

got an admirer ;) i'll find you once day, fanta stick

Of course Stan would make people see this the other way around. It's always been that way. Snorting in disgust, Kyle gave Butters back his phone.

"I don't want to be involved in any of his irrelevant... schemes," Kyle said distastefully. "And anyway, I don't see why you guys are so up in his business."

"He makes it our business," Butters points out.

Kyle groans and turns away from Butters. He knew that today would be a long day.