XV

Kyle's eye twitched, a large shudder crawling up his body. He nervously sat around with people he considers his acquaintances—waiting for whatever they were going to do. Kyle had never really gone to one of Token's hangouts, so he wasn't quite sure what they did. He was hoping they'd just play video games or something and nothing gay.

Almost right after Kyle thought about it, Token walked into the room looking at a CD case.

"So I've got Minecraft right here, but I've also got Rainbow Six Siege and Binding of Isaac on my PS4. What should we do first?"

Voices excitedly expressed their game of choice, but in the end, Rainbow was chosen. Token and Clyde took turns playing each round for a bit... Before Stan walked into the room.

"Jesus man. That was a long ass time on the shitter," Token commented, crossing his arms while leaning back on the recliner he sat upon.

"When ya gotta go, ya gotta go," Stan said and shrugged.

Kyle cringed. Just being in the presence of Stan made him feel odd.

Stan looked around for a bit before making split eye contact with Kyle. Stan looked away from Kyle and focused his attention on Kenny.

"Oh yes," Stan murmured.

"Oh no," Kyle muttered.

Stan quickly walked through Token's massive living room as to not be in the way of his ginormous flat screen TV.

"Wassup Kenny? My man Kenny? Kenny Ken?" Stan asked, taking a seat right next to Kenny. Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Eh, nothin' much. How's life been with Stan the man?" Kenny asked, a small smirk playing out on his face.

The nickname nearly sent Kyle running for the hills, but he stayed calm and tried not to give away much emotion. In an attempt to make it look like he wasn't paying attention to the conversation next to him, Kyle pulled out his phone and got on Instagram.

"Nothing much, man. Y'know, besides my new friend," Stan said, a quick smile playing on his face.

Kyle practically blushed when he saw that adorable smile; knowing that Stan was thinking about him.

"Yeah man. Lucky as hell. I wish I had a friend who'd buy me chicken," Kenny pouted.

He quickly looked at Kyle and reached for his hands, firmly grabbing onto them—making Kyle drop his phone. Kenny lifted Kyle's hands and brought them just above his chin, looking Kyle directly in the eyes.

"Kyle, could you buy me KFC?" he asked.

Kyle began to shake slightly, but quickly pushed away his anxiety.

"Boy, you know I'm broke. I can't even afford my own gas right now," Kyle said, attempting to sound normal. "Plus, you can't charm me."

Kenny dropped Kyle's hands with a sigh and looked down with a pout. Kyle quickly looked down at his phone and shut it off.

"Hey Stan! We're about to start playing some Minecraft. Wanna join?" Token called over.

Kyle looked at Stan and almost screamed. Stan was looking directly at him with an odd look in his eyes, but nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be right over," Stan said, all while staring at Kyle.

"Good luck, dude," Kenny wished.

"Thanks, my man."

Stan got up and walked over to Token's recliner and sat to the right of it. Clyde passed him his controller and wandered off towards Tweek and Craig.

Kyle, however, couldn't get his mind off of as to why Stan could have been staring at him like that, and each of his conclusions spiralled him farther and farther into an anxious state.

A hand placed on his shoulder brought him back into reality.

"Kyle? Are you okay?"

Kyle attempted to calm down his erratic breathing and heart rate by taking deep breaths. After a minute or two, it began to work, and he sighed.

Involuntarily, Kyle gave him the cold shoulder. "Yeah. I'm fine."

Kyle's phone buzzed, sending a cold shudder down his spine. He decided that he shouldn't pull out his phone in case it was Stan. He didn't want Stan to notice, because he already suspected that Stan suspected it was him.

"Hey, um, Kenny? I gotta go, my mom—"

"No you don't. Your excuses are horrible, but whatever. If you wanna leave, then leave. I won't force you to stay here," Kenny said, an almost rude tone in his voice.

Inevitably, Kenny's statement just made Kyle feel guilty, so he ended up staying. He really wish that he didn't, though...