Chapter 17, First kiss

Alexander stumbled backwards in pure surprise as Elsa's confession of her feelings for him. But he managed to steady himself and he watched Elsa looking back at him nervously.

"Are you alright Alex?" Elsa asked.

"Elsa, I'm always ok. It's just that what you said is a little bit coincidental" Alexander replied.

Elsa's eyes widened and her face bore a hopeful expression.

"I think I am in love with you too" Alexander said.

As soon as Alexander said that he loved her, Elsa moved forwards and pulled Alexander into a kiss. This time it was longer and more passionate. All of the gathered citizens cheered as they saw Elsa and Alexander kissing whilst in the harbour HMS Norway, HMS Sami and HMS Inuit all blew their whistles.

Frosty magic gently flooded out from Elsa, causing the sky to gently rain down snow.

"I'm finally kissing the one I love!" Elsa and Alexander thought at exactly the same time as they kissed passionately. But eventually they both stopped to breathe and when they did, Elsa saw Anna giving her the thumbs up and looking rather smug.

But Elsa also noticed that all of the gathered citizens were cheering at them. She blushed as red as a tomato and had to take several deep breaths before She said

"Yes, it is true. I am in love with Lieutenant Commander Alexander McDonald of the Battle Cruiser HMS Norway"

And at that, she walked off towards where Anna and Kristoff were standing with Alexander close behind.

"Looks like you found your true love then" Anna said with a smug smile.

Elsa pulled Alexander close and both exchanged a loving glance before Elsa said "I definitely have"

The music started to increase in noise and everyone started to dance again. But this time, Elsa finally had someone to dance with, someone who's heart not only beat for her, but in sync with her own heart. It was definitely true love and Elsa would do anything to protect it.

Several days later

Water rushed past the sides of the newly commissioned HMS Snow Queen as it charged through the waves to the North West of Arrendelle. Smoke billowed from its four funnels and on the bridge of the new destroyer, Alexander and Elsa were standing, watching the crew put the new destroyer through her paces. Behind the Snow Queen and struggling to keep up was HMS Inuit. Ever since Elsa and Alexander had declared their love for each other, security had been tightened massively and when Elsa and Alexander announced their intentions to be on-board the Snow Queen as it went through its sea trials, HMS Inuit had been tasked to keep the royal couple safe. Elsa had announced that Alexander would be her consort from now on and it made her smile just looking at Alexander's face.

They had great fun, playing in the snow, commanding the alliance and what not. And now from the masts of the Snow Queen flew the flag of the Queen of Arrendelle and the flag of the High Admiral. Elsa had named Alexander this since the Norway was the flagship of the fleet and she thought Alexander deserved a title to match, despite his young age.

So Alexander was known as 'High Admiral McDonald'

"Ok Mr Blackburn, let's see the gun crews put through their paces" Alexander said to the Snow Queen's commanding officer.

Lieutenant Blackburn was an already excellent captain in Arrendelle's navy and his name was the first on the list to command the sleek, new HMS Snow Queen.

Although the Snow Queen's design was WW1 vintage, she still could pack a punch if needed. Alexander and Elsa watched as the gun crews raced to the 4 4.1 inch guns, loaded them and fired several practice shots. These guns were a new design and they were as accurate as the Tribal Class Destroyers main cannons! For AA Defence the Snow Queen carried 3 30 Cal machine guns, 2 50 Cal machine guns and a three inch gun on the aft deck house. There were no anti-submarine armaments except for a depth charge rack and finally the Snow Queen's real teeth, her torpedoes. For these the Snow Queen had four triple tube torpedo mounts designed to take the 21 inch MK IV torpedo which HMS Norway carried in large amounts. Other destroyers wouldn't have torpedoes but since the Snow Queen was Elsa's private transport vessel, an exception was made.

Elsa watched the action take place with eager eyes, taking in every aspect of the operation of the new destroyer. But then without warning, HMS Inuit started flashing messages on its Morse lamp!

"What's it saying?" Elsa asked.

Alexander watched as the Inuit transmitted its message and said to Elsa, "The Inuit is saying that it has detected a large vessel on radar and is requesting permission to check it out"

Elsa then realised that Alexander was asking for her permission to let the Inuit check out the radar contact.

She nodded and Alexander gave quick orders to the crew to send out a reply, granting the Inuit permission to check out the radar contact.

Elsa and Alexander watched as the Tribal Class Destroyer charged off, leaving the Snow Queen far behind. But as the Inuit disappeared from view, Alexander suddenly felt very concerned for the other destroyer. He didn't know what it was but he sure did know that whenever his instincts told him something, he listened and right now his instincts were telling him that something was very wrong.

He was right, barely 10 minutes after the Inuit accelerated off to investigate the radar contact, the radio started shouting out.

"MAYDAY, MAYDAY THIS IS HMS INUIT, WE ARE UNDER ATTACK BY A LARGE BATTLESHIP! WE NEED ASSISTANCE!"

"We've got to help them!" Elsa said, her voice full of concern.

"And we shall sail to their aid, my love" Alexander replied, giving Elsa a quick kiss on the cheek and barking orders to Lt Blackburn.

"All ahead flank! Set a course for the Inuit and send a message saying we are on the way at full speed!" Alexander shouted.

The deck shook violently as the Snow Queen's engines accelerated, forcing the destroyer forwards with a powerful jolting motion.

Elsa grabbed onto the handrail as the Snow Queen increased speed and sailed as fast as its engines could force it to go, towards the Inuit. Smoke appeared on the horizon and Alexander guessed that it was from either the Inuit or the ship the Inuit was being attacked by.

As the Snow Queen drew closer towards the battle, Alexander caught sight of a ship he really didn't expect to see. The familiar bulge in the ship's B turret was all too visible as it fired at the Inuit which was ablaze between its two funnels.

"The Berlin!" Alexander gasped in fear.

Elsa stood next to Alexander and held his hand tightly in her own. Alex had told her about the Berlin which was the ship HMS Norway was fighting when it first arrived in her world. She also knew that the Berlin was the only ship that Alexander truly feared. But Alexander also hated it, especially the commander Fredrich Saberhagen. Fredrich had a lot of war crimes to answer for, including one where he attacked a passenger liner which was carrying evacuees to America.

Elsa's eyes blazed with an inner icy fire as she prepared herself for the oncoming fight. The Snow Queen's gunners loaded the guns with live shells this time and the torpedo tubes were loaded and swung out. By now the Berlin had seen the Snow Queen's approach and was turning to bring its guns to bear when Alexander said to the crew "Commence firing"