Chapter 26, Awards

2 weeks after the surrender of Wesleton

The bright sun shone down warmly onto Arrendelle. The waters of the Fjord were a crystal blue and it sparkled like diamonds!

HMS Norway, which was in dry dock still undergoing repairs from the battle of Wesleton was dressed in flags and a crowd had gathered on-board the Alliance Flagship and the nearby shore. The awards ceremony where various members of the Alliance would receive medals and other mentions of gratitude committed during the war.

Elsa was in her Snow Queen Dress for this occasion. Alexander was in his finest uniform as was every other military soldier, sailor and airman. Anna was wearing a dress that looked suspiciously like the one she wore at Elsa's coronation and Kristoff was wearing the Tuxedo he had worn during HMS Snow Queen's launching.

A series of trumpets blared out, signalling Elsa's approach. Slowly and gracefully the young Snow Queen climbed up onto the podium which had been erected on the Norway's bow.

Tapping the microphone gently, which was connected to the Norway's loudspeaker system. Elsa took a deep breath before she spoke.

"Thank you all for coming today. We are all here to give thanks to those who have shown bravery and gallantry during the war with Wesleton. Without HMS Norway, her crew and their allies from their world, we would have lost. But with their courage and resourcefulness we won the war! But it wasn't without sacrifice. Because of this I present Lieutenant Davies, former Executive officer of HMS Norway Posthumously with the Order of the frozen heart. This award is only given to those who have shown exceptional bravery and sacrifice in combat."

Elsa then held out the medal in question which was made out of gold and an eternally frozen piece of ice shaped like a heart. It lay on a red velvet pillow and a small black and white photograph of Davies was glued to the lid of the box which the medal and pillow was in. Alexander took the medal, saluted Elsa and placed the medal in Davies's safe which had been brought up from his cabin for this specific purpose. Davies was Alexander's closest friend and apart from Alexander, no-one except Davies knew the code for the safe. Davies kept a bottle of rum for himself whenever a celebration happened and that was the main purpose of the safe.

Once Alexander closed and locked the safe, several young crew members lifted the safe up and carried it down to Davies's former cabin.

Once they disappeared from view, Elsa continued with the ceremony. Presenting all kinds of awards, several of which were in existence before the Eternal winter during which HMS Sami, HMS Inuit and SS Ocean Star sailed through into her universe.

Fletcher and the crew of the Sunderland Flying Boat all received the "Aerial Gallantry Medal" for their brave, almost suicidal dive bombing attack on the DKM Berlin as HMS Snow Queen, HMS Sami and HMS Inuit were rushing to make a torpedo attack on the larger German Battleship.

Harper received a medal for his efforts to take care of the wounded during the battle of Corona. Alexander received two medals, one was the blizzard star awarded for outstanding bravery and the other was a version of the Victoria Cross. It was known as the Winter Heart.

Finally once the awards ceremony was finished, everyone slowly left the Norway, leaving Alexander, Elsa, Anna and Kristoff standing on the Norway's deck.

"Let's hope the future will be bright" Alexander said to Elsa and the others.

"Let's hope so" Elsa agreed.