Chapter 30, Hope

Elsa cried as she rocked back and forth, cradling Alexander's body in her arms. Anna and Kristoff held Elsa close, both of them sharing the same sadness Elsa did. It was Alexander who had saved their lives on multiple occasions and now he was gone. Hans still held Fredrich in a tight headlock with a sword at the German's throat.

Even though it was obvious, Elsa still wouldn't fully accept that Alexander was dead.

"Come on Elsa. He's gone" Anna said sadly as she rested a hand on Elsa's shoulder.

Elsa knew her sister was right so she wiped away her tears and stood up to her full height. In her right hand was Alexander's Webley Revolver. In her current state she knew she wouldn't be able to control her powers effectively but it didn't need any magic at all to fire a gun. Striding forwards, her Bridal Gown stained with Alexander's blood, Elsa strode over to Fredrich and pointed the revolver right between his eyes. Elsa was seething with raw anger and every fibre of her being begged her to pull the trigger and end Fredrich's worthless life but she had another plan in mind.

"Give me one reason to let you live! One Reason why I shouldn't pull this trigger right now" Elsa snarled her voice hoarse from crying.

Fredrich just gave a sadistic smile before he spat at Elsa's feet.

"All enemies of the Fatherland and their allies must die!" Fredrich said with a grin.

Elsa then aimed the Revolver at Fredrich's right knee cap and fired it. Fredrich screamed in pain before Elsa said "Get him out of my sight and make sure he suffers for what he did!"

Hans nodded before he dragged Fredrich out of the church to hand the German to the guards.

"I'll make sure of it" Hans said.

As Hans dragged Fredrich out of the chapel, Elsa collapsed to the ground and she began to cry again.

Just then Kristoff had a thought, he remembered reading something about Mages bringing their soul mates back from the dead one night when he was staying in the valley of the Living Rock with the Trolls.

He didn't know if this would work but he was willing to try.

"Elsa, I might have a way to bring Alexander back" Kristoff said as carefully as he could.

Elsa stopped crying and looked at Kristoff suspiciously. Anna was confused as well.

"What are you going on about?" Elsa asked.

Kristoff took a deep breath before he said "I remember reading something in the Troll Valley before I met you two about a Mage bringing their soul mate back from the dead"

"Are you serious?" Elsa asked hopefully.

"I don't know if it will work but it is worth a shot" Kristoff replied.

Elsa nodded before she stood up and shouted "GET THE HORSES READY!"

Half an hour later, Elsa, Anna and Kristoff sped through the woods towards the Valley of the Living Rock at full speed. Alexander's body was encased in an ice coffin to stop it decomposing and that was riding on the back of the sled which Sven was pulling. Elsa rode by the side of the sled on her horse whilst Anna and Kristoff rode in the sled.

Elsa's heart pounded wildly at the thought of bringing Alexander back from the dead but even she knew it was a long shot. She still carried Alexander's Webley in her hand but now it was completely unloaded as it wouldn't be needed for this mission but Elsa wanted to give it back to Alexander if he was brought back to life or if he didn't come back, Elsa wanted to keep something that belonged to Alexander by her side.

Eventually after what seemed like an age Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Sven arrived at the valley. Oddly all of the trolls were awake and were waiting for them!

Elsa hadn't been here since the 'incident' which forced her into isolation but even she knew that the trolls would normally be asleep right about now.

Pabbie moved slowly forwards as Kristoff and Anna got off the sled and with Elsa's help they carried Alexander's body off of the sled and laid him down in front of the old troll.

"Pabbie, we need your help. More than ever!" Kristoff said urgently.

Pabbie glanced to Alexander's body and then up to Elsa. He saw the expression on Elsa's face and the look in her eyes that showed that Alexander was her soul mate and Elsa worried for him.

"Please. I love Alexander!" Elsa said whilst trying to hold back tears and gesturing to Alexander.

Pabbie looked thoughtful for a moment before he said "Your Majesty, the spell that will bring your soul mate back from the dead is a very powerful one and might not work!"

"I'll do anything for Alexander" Elsa replied.

"This Spell involves you sharing your heart with Alexander. But you have to be sure that he is the one for you otherwise you could lose your place in heaven" Pabbie warned.

"So be it" Elsa replied.

Pabbie nodded before he said "Ok, I'll do it."

Elsa moved closer to Pabbie and Alexander's body was moved closer to the two.

Placing one hand over Elsa's heart, Pabbie began to say something in some ancient long forgotten language. Slowly, bright icy blue light began to shine around Pabbie's hand and when he drew it back, revealing Elsa's heart. When Pabbie removed the Heart, Elsa gasped in pain for just a moment before the pain subsided.

Moving quickly but carefully, Pabbie moved over to Alexander's body and placed Elsa's heart over Alexander's bullet wound. With another few ancient words, Pabbie gently pressed down on the heart and it entered Alexander's chest as Elsa, Anna, Kristoff, Sven and the other Trolls looked on.

Elsa, Anna and Kristoff all prayed that Pabbie's magic worked. Pabbie removed his hand and stepped back.

Alexander's body glowed with the same icy blue light that enveloped Elsa's heart, healing him from the inside out. As everyone watched, the glow grew brighter to an almost blinding glare before it suddenly snapped off. Elsa slowly moved forwards towards Alexander, silently praying Alexander would wake up.

A few moments passed and everyone began to lose hope. Until Alexander's eyes crashed open!