Chapter 25, the Surrender of Wesleton

1 week after the defeat of the Wesleton Fleet and the sinking of DKM Berlin.

The bay of Wesleton was full of Alliance ships. Flags hung high from every mast and in the bombed out city, people were finally getting their lives back in order.

Tied up in the largest dock available was HMS Norway, which was undergoing temporary repairs before she sailed back to Arrendelle for permanent repairs in the only dry dock in the world. The Battle-Cruiser's crew were all dressed in their smartest uniforms as it was an important occasion. The Duke of Wesleton was to come aboard and sign the documents of surrender, which officially would end the war.

All the leaders in the Alliance, Queen Elsa, Prince Hans and Prince Eugene were standing in front of the table where the documents of surrender would be signed on the Norway's Bow deck. Alexander stood next to Elsa, her arm wrapped around his.

It was no secret that Elsa and Alexander were in love and the vast majority of the Alliance didn't mind this but some were worried about what would happen if they turned evil which Elsa assured would never happen in her lifetime.

As the morning sun rose above the old battle cruiser, Bosun Vincenzo blew on his Bosun's whistle and everyone stood to attention.

"Here we go" Alexander whispered to Elsa.

The Duke of Wesleton slowly made his way aboard the Norway followed by his two bodyguards; these were the two that had tried to kill Elsa during the Eternal Winter incident. As Hans, Eugene, Alexander and Elsa watched, the Duke looked straight ahead and moved slowly and carefully. His face gave nothing away but in his eyes, he had the slightest trace of fear. He had put all of his hopes for winning the war in the hands of the Berlin and its crew and when it was sunk, the Wesleton Military lost most of its morale and victory was swift for the Alliance.

Alexander saluted the Duke who returned the gesture as he sat down at the table and read through the document.

The Terms of the Document were for Wesleton to completely surrender, never start a war again and allow Alliance forces to temporarily occupy the country to help implement a democratic government. This meant the Duke would lose power and he had resisted the surrender terms at first but he eventually came to realise that it was no use trying to fight the inevitable.

Despite all of the horrible things the Duke had done, Alexander respected the man since he was actually quite a clever chap, although some of the things he had done weren't so.

Finally, with a sigh, the Duke took out a pen and signed the surrender documents; he was visibly upset and terrified. When he finished signing the documents, he stood up and him and his guards were lead away, off the Norway by several Royal Marines.

Silence fell on the gathered fleet until Alexander said "Looks like the war's over at long last!"