p i t y p a r t y

p i t y p a r t y

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. ~ Melanie Martinez

AND there Kristen was - sitting on a bench outside, crying in her pretty pink dress, makeup running down her cheeks, but she didn't want to wipe it away. It was not pretty crying, like the one in the movies.

She couldn't understand what was wrong. She had thrown such a grand party and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. If they could, then why couldn't she? How come?

The biggest question wandering her confused mind was ... Why had she thrown that party anyway? Why had she spent a salty quantity of money for an event that she wasn't even enjoying? Had she gone insane back then?

She felt arms being wrapped around her. Who could it be? Who had found her and why?

"Shh," someone whispered in her ear. A female voice. "I got you, I got you."

Soko. What was she doing here? Why wasn't she inside, having fun like everybody else?

"I want a time machine!" , Kristen cried like a toddler in her friend's arms, who tried to soothe her. How could the actress let herself show her her weakness in front of people? Even if they were her friends?

Stéphanie held her crying friend and rocked her, until the cries grew less. She perfectly knew why Kristen was upset. It was not only because of the party. Mainly because she was growing older. She wasn't ready. It was visible that the actress had had the so-called "interrupted childhood".

"They call me cry baby, cry baby," the singer sang soothingly, making Kristen smile through tears and continue: "But I don't fucking care!"

They both laughed loudly, enjoying their Ginger and Rosa moment. It was weird. They had known each other for a few months, yet it felt like they had been best friends for ages.

"Steph? Thanks for staying," said sincerely the actress, smiling and interrupting the followed afterwards silence.

"You know what?" , smirked Soko. Kristen raised her eyebrow.

Her friend's suggestion was to leave the party and go somewhere else. And the actress was totally in.