s u r p r i s e , s u r p r i s e

s u r p r i s e ,   s u r p r i s e

|The Ninth of April 2016, The Day of The Party|

When Kristen woke up on her birthday, she had awoken up way too late. It was already 2PM. She would always wake up at 9AM, make a wish and blow her candles at exactly 9:21, when she was born. Not this year. At least, she had the grand party she had always dreamed of.

"Ughh," she groaned, not wanting to get up and face the reality. She was no more 25. She was 26 now. Four more years till "the great 30s". More like "the horrible 30s". Despite the fact that she had once said in an interview that age had made her smarter and calmer, she wasn't looking forward to the day she wouldn't be a young adult anymore.

It was time for her to think now of what would her life be in five, maybe ten years ahead. Would she get married? Would she have children? The most important - who would she fall in love for? A man or a woman? Different scenarios were already formed in her mind.

She did her morning routine and made herself some lunch. Surprisingly, unlike every other year, her phone nor her mail were blown up by notifications. Hadn't anyone wished her "happy birthday" ? Kristen's mind went wild. What if they had forgotten?

No. Impossible. She was mommy and daddy's little girl. They wouldn't cause her that, would they?

Wrong.

Traitors.

She shrugged. Whatever. She still had her awesome party. For which, by the way, she had to start preparing, or she would be unfashionably late.

It was much harder for her to do her hair and makeup all alone and to zip up her dress. While doing all of that girly stuff, Kristen couldn't help, but feel so lonely. Usually, there would be someone next to her - most of the times her friends or current boyfriend, but this time, she was all alone. Now she knew what was it like - the solitude.

She even had to drive alone to the place where the event was held

She even had to drive alone to the place where the event was held. And, of course, the paparazzi snapped photos of her. How much she missed them! Not.

As she entered her own party, suddenly everyone cheered. So, she was expected? She was scared that she would walk in and there would be nobody, but herself.

Her eyes filled with tears. But not sad tears. Happy ones. After being so mean, selfish and ignorant to her friends and family, they had all come to honor her, to wish her happy birthday. To support her. Why? She didn't deserve any of this.

"Kristen!" , her friends and family surrounded her and stuffed her in hugs and kisses. A little too tight and a little too much, if I may add.

"Uh, guys," she uttered, sandwiched between her parents and brothers. "I love you too, but I can't breathe!"

They let the birthday girl relax a bit and left off somewhere, probably to dance or to have a drink. Great. Now Kristen was all alone, again.

Looking around, she saw something completely unexpected. There he stood - Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson, also known to Kristen as "That Loser" . How pathetic that she still had feelings for him. Somewhere, in her brain, there was a tiny piece that held all the memories - the first sight, their friendship ...

She missed being his friend. If they couldn't date, why couldn't they be friends, at least? He was such an understanding person. She could always talk to him freely and they would rely on each other.

He, just like everybody else seemed to be having fun. With his fiancée. If only Kristen hadn't screwed up everything four years ago, she would be the one in his arms, wearing his ring and maybe even his last name. She would most likely have a baby bump as well. Dreams, dreams!

She sighed and walked outside to get some fresh air and to let the dark thoughts fly away.